• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Black People in Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.

adhdguitar

Newbie Pokémon Hacker
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2015
There used to be black people in Pokemon, but that was considered racist so they changed their skin to purple.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 2, 2022
There used to be black people in Pokemon, but that was considered racist so they changed their skin to purple.

lol like that made it any better XD.

The reason why they took Brock out when it went international, was because they thought people would think of it as racist. They don't want people to mistakenly think they are being racist by drawing a character to fit a certain stereotype. That's probably why they avoid making characters of other ethnicities, because they may not know much about it. They don't want to offend anyone by portraying someone in a certain way. Anyway, does the color of a person's skin or a pokemon trainer's skin matter? We're all people.

you are 100% correct. maybe we'd have more diverse people in pokemon if we didn't have so many 'barriers' outside of Japan keeping it from happening. The Japanese probably wouldn't mind putting other ethnicities in their games (obviously) so this may be the main reason why there aren't more.

Last edited:

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
Years
Im black, and frankly I really dont care if there are black people in pokemon or not. Although there are dark skinned leaders/E4/brains in pokemon. It would be fun to see a more diverse trainer system though :D

DarkAlucard

Seek me. Call me...
Years
Replace "black" with "fat mexican lady with 23 kids that live off of child support".

Now i feel offended... na just joking, all the countries around the world have a lot of diversitity (Mexico has a lot of people from around the world, engineer of software in Guadalajara city, chinese and arabes sellers in Mexico city, german farmers here in my state, and all of us is used to this, i don't get why still are people that get angry or make fun of a person color, we're like the ice creams, that come in all flavors ;)

PiPVoda

water, Forever
Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 2, 2022
Yknow what's weird? In other american games, we mainly see white or black people. What about asians? I don't see anyone complaining on that end, so why are we complaining here? It's the same thing.

I agree with you. I actually don't see many Asians in any entertainment really (even ones that tried to break into US..like se7en)..anyways, that is off-topic and so is what you are speaking of. We are talking about pokemon, not American made video games. No one is complaining they were just giving their thoughts..sheeshhhhhh :P

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
Years
Honestly, this is just starting to get off-topic. I knew this thread would go off tracks to begin with but I gave it the benefit of the doubt. I guess I was right... closing now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back