• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Black Tower/ White Treehollow

Mithel_Celestia

Alluring Illusion
Years
  • What do you guys think of the "Unova's Challenge"? I think the battles are all easy, if not annoying. Reaching the 10th Area wasn't at all hard as i thought it was when it was introduced.

What do you guys think of it. Were the Boss Trainers hard? Are the areas difficult? Is one docter on every floor enough for you?

To me, the boss trainers are the only ones that may give me a challenge. The areas, at first, were confusing to navigate, but i have ways to make sure that I dont go around in circles and i use the healing opportunities wisely, only using them when i complete a floor.

Charicific

PkMn Trainer
    Years
  • Black Tower was fairly easy...

The desk lady intimidated me when she claimed the higher levels are much larger and are multi-floor , but it all went smoothly and easy. Didn't take me much to get to Area 10. Even the Boss Trainers weren't THAT powerful...at least for my team. Area 10 Boss trainer was the only one who had a fairly good level for me. Even though he slightly out leveled me, he was no match for the EV trained Pokemons I had with me.

The doctor only benefited me once...to cure me from status ailment only, as all I do is sweep all the opponents' teams with one Pokemon :\

But anyway, it's not bad, nice way to grind EXP and $$$ . Besides...what more do i want than a Shiny Gible :D

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
  • I found it quite challenging, since the trainers' pokemon's levels rose in every new area. Excellent place to gain a huge amount of levels for my team. Went in level 60+, came out level 80+. I also had a bit of frustration trying to find the gate trainer since I played the Japanese version and had to translate the clues everyone said, and also had trouble finding the door in some cases. But it was all worth it for that shiny Dratini (now shiny Dragonite).

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Even though I haven't used it very much yet (only on the third area) I think it'll be a great way to train my Pokemon. They gain experience, and as far as I know you can just go and do the floors again and again; better than say the battles in which you can only do once a day.

That said I'm hoping to use it a lot more in the future, especially after I finish getting through all the areas.

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2023
    *stomps Banjiro into the ground*

NEXT VICTIM

Far too easy...even on challenge mode =_=

dragonnathan025

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
  • It took a while. Not that it was hard (Poison Point guys were SOOOO annoying, made me use the Doctor on that floor), my un-EV trained Black Kyurem swept the floor with Black Tower, got me to over $500,000, and got my shiny Gible. Now, on to White Treehollow. I'm gonna transfer my Black Kyurem over so it can sweep White Treehollow, letting me properly EV train my White Kyurem.

Syltti

Lilligant's Loving Trainer
    Years
  • White Treehollow started giving me trouble around Floors 7 or 8 and down. You may not be able to use items, but thank Virizion you can change what items your Pokemon are holding.

Finding Gate Trainers was difficult, but I only had difficulty with the last 2 Bosses. My Soul Dew'd Latias swept both of them, though.

Xatumi

Mech-Zoid
    Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2014
    Now bare with me, I havent tried this, but maybe if you participated in it via Challenge Mode the Trainers would be a lot more difficult. As of now though, I'm in area 7 never finished through it feels like a waste. But the only time I do go to an area is to level up an exp share Pokemon to complete my Pokedex!

#isthenumbersign
    Years
  • So far (and I mean the first two areas), the trainers are way too underleveled. So hopefully I'll be able to fly through this and get my Dratini. :) I felt like the gate trainers were always going to be hard to find, but they like make you follow them right to their room. :/

Syltti

Years
  • So far (and I mean the first two areas), the trainers are way too underleveled. So hopefully I'll be able to fly through this and get my Dratini. :) I felt like the gate trainers were always going to be hard to find, but they like make you follow them right to their room. :/
    Don't worry. These will change soon~

#isthenumbersign
    Years
  • Oh boy can't wait.

How hard could it be though, especially if they give you a nurse/doctor? :P

Syltti

Years
  • Only a single Nurse/Doctor per floor (that only heal you once) + Tons of trainers that love to poison/paralyze your Pokemon = Much QQ'ing.

o Pikachu o

Pikachu
    Years
  • I didn't even touch Black Tower because I thought it was extremely hard. But then I tried it out and it was way too easy. I beat the whole thing on Challenge Mode and it wasn't even that hard. Benga wasn't even a challenge even though he had Garchomp, Latios and Volcarona. I think you should've only been allowed to have three Pokèmon with you because it was way too easy with six Pokèmon's.

LassLaura

Pikachu Ga Gotoku
    Years
  • It wasn't too bad, and I even got the EXP Millionaire medal by doing floors 7 through 10 in one day (by beating 90% of the trainers with my lead pokemon holding a Lucky Egg most of the time).

Aura Vitae

Down, Sword Hand!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2019
    White Treehollow was not too difficult really. The later levels were annoying because I kept getting lost trying to find the gate trainer and ended up wasting a lot of PP trying to find the Nurse. Not to mention my team had an overwhelming weakness to Ground types which I realized after a ton of Earthquakes being used on me.

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2023
    you can grind off of the trainers, can't you?

go back in and re-battle them?

beat it once, then re-started my game

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2023
    Lucky Egg+Exp Share worked wonders for me

give Lucky Egg to a Level 1 pokemon, put in the front of your party, battle a level 60 pokemon, watch it shoot up like 30 levels XD

ah, good times

Back