• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Black/White 2 & Mascots discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    If this thread is soley going to be about Gr@y and Kyurem why don't we name this thread to Grey/Gray & Kyurem Speculation? I mean, any other ideas are getting bashed anyways. Why don't we avoid that confusion and change the title.

For the sake of all of us

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2013
    They've never done an event Pokemon as a mascot of a game, also Mewtow was created by team Rocket
    and It didn't have a plot to the main storyline of R/B/Y.

The god stone will change Kyurem's form, the15th movie plot tells that Kyurem and the Swordsmen; battled in the mine in the mountain in the past, which created an Ice Dragon Gate in the process of battle so they could battle on the other side.
    I think the ice dragon gate will make an appearance like the Distortion World.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    They've never done an event Pokemon as a mascot of a game, also Mewtow was created by team Rocket

Well, there was some information about Mewtwo in R/B/Y and FR/LG main storyline but it didn't appeared itself at any point of main plot.
    Genesect even if wouldn't be event Pokemon, it's still not very important for main storyline because Plasma's scientist said N wasn't interested in such "unnatural" Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023

The god stone will change Kyurem's form, the15th movie plot tells that Kyurem and the Swordsmen; battled in the mine in the mountain in the past, which created an Ice Dragon Gate in the process of battle so they could battle on the other side.
    I think the ice dragon gate will make an appearance like the Distortion World.

No....it doesn't. God Stone is just an image that was left over from beta testing as far as we know. The original Concept for both the Light and Dark stones. THAT is the ONLY proof the games have. There IS no canon relation of the God Stone and Kyurem NOR is there Canon Proof relating Kyurem to Zekrom or Reshiram.

Kyurem's Movie is him vs the Musketeer Trio. There was something said that they had fought once before, but that may have been fan translation mixed in. As for the Secret that is sealed in Kyurem's Ice. Its Keldeo. Why else would the Musketeer Attack Kyurem?

Not until Giratina's Movie did anyone have solid belief that Platinum would have Giratina as its Mascot. Giratina, IN ITS MOVIE, was shown to be related to BOTH Palkia and Dialga. So do not state your personal opinions as a fact.

Colbion has an actual background story that can be exploited. A Better Background story imo than Kyurem who at this point is just a Dragon Version of Deoxys in how it came to be where it is. There is a lot that can be done with Colbion, treating it like Suicune and the Legendary Beasts, having it repeatedly run into N or the Protagonist at various points. Including the Moor of Icarus where the great fire that cause the musketeer Trio to start hating Humans.

Colbion, Virizion, and Terrakion share more personality traits with N than any of the other Legends, and N would most likely be able to relate himself better than with a beast who only wants to kill and feed.

Who the third Mascot will be is still any Pokemon's Game. Don't state Opinion as fact. Kyurem has not been proven for anything and the movie coming out is only HALF his. The Other half belongs to the Musketeer Trio.

Also, I'll bring up that there were members here that supported that Youtube video that "Proved" Samurott, Pignite, Emboar, and Serperior were "Fake" as well as various members that were 100% positive that there would be a "Light" type added into Gen 5. Both were proven wrong. Do not accept personal opinion as a fact without proof.

Kyurem "CAN" be "Grey"'s Mascot.
    Colbion "CAN" be "Grey"'s Mascot.
    Volcarona "CAN" be "Crimson"'s Mascot
    Landorus "CAN" be "Crimson/Brown"'s Mascot.

That is speculating.

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2013
    No....it doesn't. God Stone is just an image that was left over from beta testing as far as we know. The original Concept for both the Light and Dark stones. THAT is the ONLY proof the games have. There IS no canon relation of the God Stone and Kyurem NOR is there Canon Proof relating Kyurem to Zekrom or Reshiram.

Kyurem's Movie is him vs the Musketeer Trio. There was something said that they had fought once before, but that may have been fan translation mixed in. As for the Secret that is sealed in Kyurem's Ice. Its Keldeo. Why else would the Musketeer Attack Kyurem?

Not until Giratina's Movie did anyone have solid belief that Platinum would have Giratina as its Mascot. Giratina, IN ITS MOVIE, was shown to be related to BOTH Palkia and Dialga. So do not state your personal opinions as a fact.

Colbion has an actual background story that can be exploited. A Better Background story imo than Kyurem who at this point is just a Dragon Version of Deoxys in how it came to be where it is. There is a lot that can be done with Colbion, treating it like Suicune and the Legendary Beasts, having it repeatedly run into N or the Protagonist at various points. Including the Moor of Icarus where the great fire that cause the musketeer Trio to start hating Humans.

Colbion, Virizion, and Terrakion share more personality traits with N than any of the other Legends, and N would most likely be able to relate himself better than with a beast who only wants to kill and feed.

Who the third Mascot will be is still any Pokemon's Game. Don't state Opinion as fact. Kyurem has not been proven for anything and the movie coming out is only HALF his. The Other half belongs to the Musketeer Trio.

Also, I'll bring up that there were members here that supported that Youtube video that "Proved" Samurott, Pignite, Emboar, and Serperior were "Fake" as well as various members that were 100% positive that there would be a "Light" type added into Gen 5. Both were proven wrong. Do not accept personal opinion as a fact without proof.

Kyurem "CAN" be "Grey"'s Mascot.
    Colbion "CAN" be "Grey"'s Mascot.
    Volcarona "CAN" be "Crimson"'s Mascot
    Landorus "CAN" be "Crimson/Brown"'s Mascot.

That is speculating.
    Okay, I know I'm just speculating lol, I didn't say it's going to happen , I just said the possible things that IMO will occur.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    How many times do we have to say Kyurem is the mascot of the 3rd game? it's obvious and there's many reasons that I don't to mention them all!

Okay, I know I'm just speculating lol, I didn't say it's going to happen , I just said the most possible things that IMO will happen.

No you stated it as a fact. You said "we" as in more than one person. As I said, this "we" as a fact in a pure speculation thread has had horrible outcomes for the ones stating the fact.

There is no proof to any of the claims in the speculations so none of it is a fact. Any Pokemon CAN be the Mascot, they don't even have to go with Legendary.

Gamefreak tends to troll its fans too, It could very well be something like Volt Yellow or something with Emolga as the Mascot. As unorthodox as it sounds, it is still very well possible.

By the End of February we should start hearing more on possibilities if they intend to release this year. Course first thing we are likely to hear would be Remakes over the third version as they'd have to post information relatively soon if they intend to keep the 10 Year thing.

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2013
    No you stated it as a fact. You said "we" as in more than one person. As I said, this "we" as a fact in a pure speculation thread has had horrible outcomes for the ones stating the fact.

There is no proof to any of the claims in the speculations so none of it is a fact. Any Pokemon CAN be the Mascot, they don't even have to go with Legendary.

Gamefreak tends to troll its fans too, It could very well be something like Volt Yellow or something with Emolga as the Mascot. As unorthodox as it sounds, it is still very well possible.

By the End of February we should start hearing more on possibilities if they intend to release this year. Course first thing we are likely to hear would be Remakes over the third version as they'd have to post information relatively soon if they intend to keep the 10 Year thing.

If they reveal a new Kyurem form then It's highly possible that Kyurem will be the mascot.

I would like if R/S remakes would be announced before the 3rd game, it's just that
    it won't have many features as the 3rd version would, I don't think GF would make a Pokemon game that it's worse than the before.

Last edited:
    Years
    I actually hope that the Pokemon company does something different and puts a different Pokemon as mascot. Maybe like for Crystal? I'm thinking that Cobalion could be a cool mascot and could present the musketeers formally. The name should be interesting, although I have no idea what it should be.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013

Imo Kyurem has more potential for the storyline. It's the same like Rayquaza and Giratina. We knew that they exist but not much more until their roles were extended in their third versions. I think Cobalion has no individual personality needed for being the mascot. I guess it will be always part of Musketeers group, never independent from other Musketeers. That's not the way mascots behave. Also I think Suicune was mascot only because there wasn't third Pokemon related to Lugia and Ho-oh.

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    That is why on the speculation post I posted above includes both Cobalion plot and Kyurem plot (in the form of Team Plasma), thus having both sides of "potential mascots"

Also, thank you XanderO, for saying what I couldn't say.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Imo Kyurem has more potential for the storyline. It's the same like Rayquaza and Giratina. We knew that they exist but not much more until their roles were extended in their third versions. I think Cobalion has no individual personality needed for being the mascot. I guess it will be always part of Musketeers group, never independent from other Musketeers. That's not the way mascots behave. Also I think Suicune was mascot only because there wasn't third Pokemon related to Lugia and Ho-oh.

That, while opinionated, isn't true. Kyurem has little to no story. You only find out about it after you get to Lancous town. All you hear is a story about how it fell from space in a meteor and that it catches people and Pokemon at night to eat.

Colbion, along with Virizion and Terrakion, were somehow involved in one of the fights between the two brothers. Their home had burned down due to the fight and they waged war against humans after saving the Pokemon they could from the burning Moor. Then they went into hiding when the war ended. There is also a programmed event when you bring Keldeo with the Musketeer to teach/learn Secret Sword.

Giratina, granted had no story or history pre-Platinum involvment. Rayquaza on the other hand was introduced as the superior Pokemon to his group with a story of how it was used to quell their fighting.

While Suicune is a bit harder to defend, it was a fan favorite as well as a company favorite. They liked it so much that they made a new game that revolved around it. It didn't have much to do with the fact that there was no third to the group as Suicune IS associated with Ho-oh.

Now Before the legends, the box art was from Starters. Four for the First Generation, other than them being Starters there is no other association. Now there is a non-Legendary Pokemon that can also steal the spotlight this time. Volcarona has some mystery around it as one of the Seven Sages was activly searching for it JUST for Lord N's use because of its Power or what ever untold story exists.

Unlike R/S/E, Giratina was not canonly associated until its movie, so this was the first one that required the Anime to associate the Legends.

I am eagerly awaiting the movie to air so we can see what they plan with Kyurem or the Musketeer Pokemon. I already predict that Kyurem has Keldeo trapped in its ice and the Musketeer Trio are trying to save it. Until more images come out there literally isn't much that can be inferred without any more info, course direct info would kill the plot.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I have an inside source that jusr leaked some breaking news to me.
    The 3rd game is going to be called Pokemon Gray Version.
    The mascot of the game is going to be Shuckle.

lol yeah because Shuckle is totally relevant to generation 5.

If this thread is soley going to be about Gr@y and Kyurem why don't we name this thread to Grey/Gray & Kyurem Speculation? I mean, any other ideas are getting bashed anyways. Why don't we avoid that confusion and change the title.

For the sake of all of us

Then... there's nothing to discuss. :x Since we actually do have a third game storyline speculation thread, that'd make this kinda useless because nothing to speculate. And it's not really bashing, it's just disagreeing with facts. :x If any flaming on the other hand occurs, then I'll put a stop to it, but otherwise we're fine as we are. If you really think something, then argue why!

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    That, while opinionated, isn't true. Kyurem has little to no story. You only find out about it after you get to Lancous town. All you hear is a story about how it fell from space in a meteor and that it catches people and Pokemon at night to eat.

Colbion, along with Virizion and Terrakion, were somehow involved in one of the fights between the two brothers. Their home had burned down due to the fight and they waged war against humans after saving the Pokemon they could from the burning Moor. Then they went into hiding when the war ended. There is also a programmed event when you bring Keldeo with the Musketeer to teach/learn Secret Sword.

But all that about Musketeers happened in past. Imo it doesn't have much to do with present day storyline. Also remember that Game Freak is acting like we don't know about that Keldeo event. So I guess this event is supposed to be the only "surprise" about Musketeers, not much more.

Kyurem, unlike Musketeers, has some mysteries that need to be revealed in present day storyline. Those mysteries are for example it's connection with Zekrom and Reshiram. I guess Team Plasma's goal will be to produce plasma energy from Zekrom's lighting and Reshiram's fire (that's why they are called Team Plasma) and relive "zombie" Kyurem.
    Imo it makes much more sense for Kyurem to be a mascot, than any other Pokemon. The whole yin,yang, wuji and probably taiji concept about those three dragons seems so likely to be made up for two paired games (B/W) and the third game (probably Gray).

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    But all that about Musketeers happened in past. Imo it doesn't have much to do with present day storyline. Also remember that Game Freak is acting like we don't know about that Keldeo event. So I guess this event is supposed to be the only "surprise" about Musketeers, not much more.

Kyurem, unlike Musketeers, has some mysteries that need to be revealed in present day storyline. Those mysteries are for example it's connection with Zekrom and Reshiram. I guess Team Plasma's goal will be to produce plasma energy from Zekrom's lighting and Reshiram's fire (that's why they are called Team Plasma) and relive "zombie" Kyurem.
    Imo it makes much more sense for Kyurem to be a mascot, than any other Pokemon. The whole yin,yang, wuji and probably taiji concept about those three dragons seems so likely to be made up for two paired games (B/W) and the third game (probably Gray).

Kyurem doesn't have any Present day mysteries either. Everything you just listed for Kyurems is Fan made. None of that is canon or has any canon proof. Kyurem is not related to Reshiram or Zekrom in any way nor does it represent Wuji. That was made up by the fans.

The actual story behind Reshiram and Zekrom also blatantly disregards the Kyurem Zombie thing. The "One" dragon "split its body EVENLY between two new forms" Only two bodies were created, the original body became two separate bodies, not created two bodies and then became an empty husk.

They follow the actual legend down to the letter, and yes it was based off of a REAL legend of two brothers that took over their father's empire. The Dragon that guarded their father split into "two" forms. Not three, two. Yin and Yang only have Yin and Yang. They create a balance between two forces.

The Wuji is a Fan made concept that has no proof Canon. While the term itself is real, yes, in the Pokemon world no. Kyurem is not the Wuji Pokemon nor does it have any Canon relation to Reshiram or Zekrom.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    Kyurem doesn't have any Present day mysteries either. Everything you just listed for Kyurems is Fan made. None of that is canon or has any canon proof. Kyurem is not related to Reshiram or Zekrom in any way nor does it represent Wuji. That was made up by the fans.

The actual story behind Reshiram and Zekrom also blatantly disregards the Kyurem Zombie thing. The "One" dragon "split its body EVENLY between two new forms" Only two bodies were created, the original body became two separate bodies, not created two bodies and then became an empty husk.

They follow the actual legend down to the letter, and yes it was based off of a REAL legend of two brothers that took over their father's empire. The Dragon that guarded their father split into "two" forms. Not three, two. Yin and Yang only have Yin and Yang. They create a balance between two forces.

The Wuji is a Fan made concept that has no proof Canon. While the term itself is real, yes, in the Pokemon world no. Kyurem is not the Wuji Pokemon nor does it have any Canon relation to Reshiram or Zekrom.

Kyurem is officially wuji Pokemon. If you don't believe it, check on Bulbapedia (they never base on fanmade rumors). After that if you still wouldn't believe it, check Kyurem's species' name from Pokedex. It's called boundary Pokemon. Empty boundary circle is symbol of wuji in real life. Wuji is also symbol of perfect harmony. I think it has some connection with N's last name - Harmonia.

The only element from Taoism that is missing in Pokemon is taiji - combination of yin and yang. I guess new Kyurem's form will represent taiji.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Yes, Bulbapedia DOES post fan supported material. Boundary can also refer to Kyurem's territorial behavior. Boundary doesn't mean its Wuji. The creators of Pokemon would have named it the Wuji Pokemon Just as Reshiram and Zekrom are the White Yin and Black Yang Pokemon.

Canon there is no proof to relation.

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2013
    Yes, Bulbapedia DOES post fan supported material. Boundary can also refer to Kyurem's territorial behavior. Boundary doesn't mean its Wuji. The creators of Pokemon would have named it the Wuji Pokemon Just as Reshiram and Zekrom are the White Yin and Black Yang Pokemon.

Canon there is no proof to relation.
    But what makes you think that it wont be Kyurem ?
    Kuyrem is the most possible mascot for the 3rd version while others are less possible, That's why most people think it's going to be the star of the 3rd game.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    But what makes you think that it wont be Kyurem ?
    Kuyrem is the most possible mascot for the 3rd version while others are less possible, That's why most people think it's going to be the star of the 3rd game.

Because of his location, his lack of story, and because there are better choices.

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2013
    Because of his location, his lack of story, and because there are better choices.
    They can make Kyurem only obtained after the elite four, or make Lacunosa town accessible
    before the elite four, Also we still don't know every thing about Kyurem, like Giratina in D/P
    there was a slight information about it, but in platinum, its full story and the origin form was revealed.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back