• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Black/White Out!

Joshawott

Banned
Years
  • I've been playing Pokémon for the better half of ten years now and I've only blacked out about twenty times total. My reaction is either:

Black/White Out!

OR

Black/White Out!

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I almost never faint in Pokemon games. And when I do, my reaction is usually to reset my game and try again in embarrassment. I only stick with it when it's been too long since I last saved. :P (I usually only lose to tough fights like gym leaders though and I always save before I try those.)

I will, however, usually be far too lazy to grind before the Elite 4 so I'll stock up on revives and hyper potions and go fight them over and over again until my Pokemon have levelled up enough to get me through it. I end up whiting out a fair bit when that happens. xD;

Years
  • Rarely. I havent had that problem in awhile, I used to a lot in G/S/C, but since then, not really.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    I've only had that like 6 times or so, and that's because I forgot to save before a gym battle usually, or a chain of trainers. I hate it and at the Elite 4 I'd always reset my game even if I'd made lots of levels, idc lol. I'm just greedy I guess I don't want to lose Pokémoney.

Domino™

free beer
    Years
  • Probably in RSE was my worst. Just every gym leader beat me all the time. I also get it quite a lot at the elite 4 in all games, and it also happens frequently in spin offs such as PMD and Ranger.

Years
  • I've only blacked out once since Gold, and it happened during...

the Bug-Catching competition.

My entire party was too overleveled to take part in the competition without OHKOing everything, so I pulled my Snorlax out of the box to participate. I believe it was a Pinsir that ended up getting a Critical Hit on me, and caused Snorlax to faint. Even worse, after the battle I "scrambled and lost $3200." I could understand losing $100 in the game, but I just imagined my character sticking his hand in his pocket and pulling out a wad of bills and tossing them on the ground before running away.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    It only happened a lot of times when I was careless in Generation I - lost a lot of cash that way. Eventually I got better at that :)

Years
  • I used to a lot when I was younger, and sadly, I still do @.@ lol I recently started playing again with White and I get owned a lot. Mainly by gym leaders or lack of healthy Pokemon. I feel better as a player but I feel like the game has risen in difficulty. Just my opinion, though. It's probably gotten easier. lol

Back