• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Black & White, Pokemon or not?

Esmas

General
    Years
    I've yet to see anything that made me disappointed with this pair of games. The only thing that gave me a small hint of doubt was the idea of triple battles, but as I've not gotten used to that, I probably will eventually. All of the new features seem really cool to me, to make the game more worldwide.

the new pokemon kinda look like fakemon
    This... made me laugh >____> I would explain, but I think it would be a bit obvious, eh?

TheNewRocketMovement

Nothing suits me like a suit.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2010
    You know what I think will answer your question? Team Rocket.

Team Rocket has appeared in every generation, I'm hoping they'll appear halfway through the game to crush Team Plasma and be an evil team that is actually evil, I haven't liked much of what I've seen of Black and White, but it the Rockets returned, I should be happy =D

Also, couldn't they have thought of better names than Black and White? I think Ebony and Ivory would have been better choices.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2011
    OHPWEASE NOT THE OMFG NEW GEN POKEYMANz LOOK LIKE DIGIMANz AGAIN.

Can I ask you 2 questions? If you can, you win.

1) What SHOULD Pokemon looks like?
    2) What SHOULD Digimon looks like?

Was there ever a rule? Answer this, thanks.

Complain king, don't like the new game? Simple, I've said this a time to many, don't buy. No one cares if you're whining about it.
    Agreed. Don't like, don't buy

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    You know what I think will answer your question? Team Rocket.

Team Rocket has appeared in every generation, I'm hoping they'll appear halfway through the game to crush Team Plasma and be an evil team that is actually evil, I haven't liked much of what I've seen of Black and White, but it the Rockets returned, I should be happy =D

Also, couldn't they have thought of better names than Black and White? I think Ebony and Ivory would have been better choices.

No.

Really?

Too mcuh like the McCartney song. INSTA LAW SUIT POWERS, ACTVATE!!

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    I Wish all the B&W would just stop your hating isnt gonna do anything except getting on people's nerves I for one, cannot wait for the Triple and Rotational Battles and I dont think
    Surf/E-Quake/Explosion ect... will wipe out half your team it's called Tactics ...
    and Rilence is right, what are they supposed to look like... !

dieter57

pokemon master
    Years
    is there a poll?
    somebody should make one and we will see who likes the awesome, amazing, fabulous, fantastic, cool, scorching hot, brand spanking new GENERATION 5 POKEMON games.
    and who doesn't.
    my bet?
    the people who actually appreciate pokemon and aren't afraid of change will win.

TheNewRocketMovement

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2010
    No.

Really?

Too mcuh like the McCartney song. INSTA LAW SUIT POWERS, ACTVATE!!

Team Rocket have always been the best team in my opinion, so delightfully evil, and I know they were around in HGSS but I think its time for a real rocket revivial, not a revival where the final admin can be beat using one Pokemon (Houndour and Koffing and level 35, not as intimidating as it could be).

True, but I can see someone kicking up a fuss and calling the current titles racist, over-sensitive person used Race Card! It's not very effective...

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Team Rocket have always been the best team in my opinion, so delightfully evil, and I know they were around in HGSS but I think its time for a real rocket revivial, not a revival where the final admin can be beat using one Pokemon (Houndour and Koffing and level 35, not as intimidating as it could be).

True, but I can see someone kicking up a fuss and calling the current titles racist, over-sensitive person used Race Card! It's not very effective...
    I really didn't see a point to team rocket I found them as "Petty villains"...they only wanted money...now Cyrus was evil, he was going to eliminate all the universe and in the process kill everyone and he didn't care!
    I think people should have an option but just tone down their level of hate :)

CptnSmonge

Pineapple Pirate
    Years
    I say lose the pokeshifter, and you got a great new game. It is what it is, though, so I can deal. It'll still be awesome.

TheNewRocketMovement

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2010
    I really didn't see a point to team rocket I found them as "Petty villains"...they only wanted money...now Cyrus was evil, he was going to eliminate all the universe and in the process kill everyone and he didn't care!
    I think people should have an option but just tone down their level of hate :)

I agree, but I still love 'em, I think they could give them a decent story if they were to bring them back, maybe they were after all the money to fund a bigger scheme or... I dunno, I just love everything about them, the outfits, the logo, the music and of course, Giovanni :D

Charizardomination

Kanto Champion
    Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2010
    Most of these features are stupid they could have done a lot better. Hopefully they did because im not impressed with anything ive seen. The only things good are the music the new battle graphics and the new camera angle in hiun town. Its like theyre just throwing in random garbage to say "hey its not the same anymore" so that their fanboys and girls will help buy them brand new boats.

DarthSenorQueso

Officially number 1 snake
    Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2016
    I have a few things to say, the graphics look choppy @ the battle sprites and the textures on the sub 3D overworld. The animations means most frames don't have to have a tidy border anymore, so still images will look bad...and anyone who has tried resizing sprites knows that pixelated looks better then the smooth version. Also the textures sot of jump off the models when moving because the DS wasn't made for heavy 3D plain and simple.

In the end, it's an awesome looking game and I'm looking forward to it, so to everyone who says otherwise.
    Black & White, Pokemon or not?

incognito322

let's look towards the future!
    Years
    @ Charizardomination: define better. I just want your opinion is all.

I think, as a second generation for the DS, they've done fine. And it's not heavy 3D. It's altered camera angles, but basically the same as 4th Generation, only navigation is not confined to a square grid anymore. They seem to be mastering the use of a polar grid for gameplay as well.

And I think Team Rocket has been squashed. Isshu is nowhere near Kanto, Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh, so I don't think it would even make sense that TR, after being disbanded for the final time (in the games), would make a return.

austy14

Cannibal
    Years
    If everyone's so mad about the new changes, just don't get B&W and go back to playing R/G/B/Y on your Gameboy. Nothing wrong with that. It's not like making these new ones makes the classics unusable. I still play my Yellow version!

incognito322

let's look towards the future!
    Years
    You're right about that one.
    I think the overhaul suits the game, and for once everyone that plays is making new discoveries. That, IMO, is very "pokemon". XD

The names as colors may be referencing the new start of the series, much like RBY was. Sort of an analogy, I guess.
    I can't fathom how many generations they'll go with this franchise....

Charizardomination

Kanto Champion
    Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2010
    @ Charizardomination: define better. I just want your opinion is all.

I think, as a second generation for the DS, they've done fine. And it's not heavy 3D. It's altered camera angles, but basically the same as 4th Generation, only navigation is not confined to a square grid anymore. They seem to be mastering the use of a polar grid for gameplay as well.

And I think Team Rocket has been squashed. Isshu is nowhere near Kanto, Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh, so I don't think it would even make sense that TR, after being disbanded for the final time (in the games), would make a return.
    Well lets see. The overworld sprites for the NPCS are absolute garbage. When the camera turns they stay in the same position. Thats what they get for keeping the same style of stupid sprites as dpphgss. Its not just the npcs, the whole overworld looks like crap. Hiun city looks fine but everywhere else looks disgustingly similar to dpphgss. YEP THIS IS CHANGE.
    They want to give the game more of a 3d feel but theyre too stupid to wait a couple months to design a 3ds launch title which would have made the game look better overall. The battle sprites are absolute garbage and these are the worst pokemon designs in the history of the franchise. Everything is spherical and stupid, they look like they were designed by my 8 year old litte cousin. The whole cast of pokemon looks like some awful jigsaw puzzle assembled the wrong way. Unforttunately the bad is outshining the good.

Years

Yeah, Team Rocket was disappointingly weak on Johto. And I remember that after beating the poor grunt at Nugget Bridge, he says something about returning to his homeland and regrouping Team Rocket.

Back