• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Blade and Soul

Years
  • I've always been a huge fan of mmorpgs but haven't found one I've really liked ever since I quit WoW at the beginning of Cata. Now I've found Blade and Soul and honestly it has rekindled my passion for the genre. For those who haven't heard or played it yet, it's a martial arts themed story-driven mmorpg with stunning visuals and animations. If that sounds like your cup of tea, definitely give it a try. Just playing through the opening tutorial is amazing. Forget the silly "kill 10 boars" quest to start you off, the story tutorial completely sucked me in and got me going. Bearing in mind that I've played many different mmorpgs and none of them engaged me like this one did from the start.

Has anyone else recently picked up this game, and what were your first impressions of it?

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Yeah, played it a while back. Really fun battle system on this one- closest thing I've played to an MMO Action RPG since...another one. It's been a while, can't quite remember the name.

Due to the fast counters and overall interesting combos, the Martial Artist class is my favorite, as well as the choice of my main. Feels good when you can fight a boss on your own and only take as much damage as skill allows, that's a sign of a pretty fun battle system. It wasn't all roses and sunshine, and the game definitely has its downsides, but I enjoyed it for a good while.

Years
  • Yeah, played it a while back. Really fun battle system on this one- closest thing I've played to an MMO Action RPG since...another one. It's been a while, can't quite remember the name.

Due to the fast counters and overall interesting combos, the Martial Artist class is my favorite, as well as the choice of my main. Feels good when you can fight a boss on your own and only take as much damage as skill allows, that's a sign of a pretty fun battle system. It wasn't all roses and sunshine, and the game definitely has its downsides, but I enjoyed it for a good while.

Yeah, I thought about rolling a Martial Artist for the playstyle, but feel a lot better with an actual weapon in my hands. What were the downsides to you?

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
    Years
  • I only play MMOs like once every four years, and everytime I play a new one, they all still look and feel too similar. In Blade and Soul's case, it felt like a Kung Fu Tera with maybe slightly better character models, but as I didn't like Tera, I gave up on BaS quickly as well. Battle system itself wasn't too bad for MMO standards, but it's the generic questing that really kills the fun in all of these. Luckily the recent MMOs have at least lowered the number of mobs you have to kill. I remember when you had to kill 40 low level mobs to advance so I'm glad it's 5-10 nowadays.

Back