• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

BlaziApe

Years
    This is a random deck that I just slapped together while sitting at the computer. I'm extremely new to the whole SP thing, as I've been against using them until now. I've run out of other ideas, so here's my new deck.
    Most of it is proxied(T/S/S line), so i'm very open to change.

Pokemon:20
    3-1 Infernape SP
    2-1 Blaziken SP
    3-1 Uxie Lv. X
    2-2 Houndoom Prime
    2 Crobat G
    1 Skuntank G
    1 Lucario GL

T/S/S: 30
    4 Cyrus's Conspiracy
    2 Bebe's Search
    2 Judge
    2 Aaron's Collection
    4 Energy Gain
    4 Poke-Turn
    3 SP Radar
    2 Power Spray
    2 Pokemon Rescue
    2 Warp Point
    1 Expert Belt
    1 Snowpoint Temple
    1 Galactic HQ

Energy: 10
    3 SP Energy
    7 Fire

Strategy: Burn with Houndoom Prime, and use both Blaziken and Infernape to score the KO. Skuntank is there for added annoyance, and Lucario GL is there to make weakness fair for everybody(LOL). One thing i'm not clear on is whether or not I'll even need Houndoom Prime at all. I'm not sure if Blaziken's Luring Flame attack will be enough each turn, as that serves as my attack and my opponent can probably retreat out of it next turn. Other than that I'm not sure how it'll do. It seems pretty solid to me, but someone out there a lot more experienced with the SP engine than me may notice some flaws.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    You dont need houndoom prime so i would take out the 2-2 doom
    and i would add in a 1-1 mewtwo x or mismgius"crash chant" for your mewtwo cournter and i would also add at LEAST two power sprays.AND i would take out the 3 sp energy and replace it with fire or psy. if you choose mewtwo.

Years
    Made some changes. So you think Luring Flame is reliable enough for burn? This deck is specifically centered around burn and dissruption with "Intimidating Roar," so if for some reason I can't burn for a turn I may be screwed.
    Not a huge fan of Mismagius. If there aren't lots of Pokemon Tools in play, it's a very useless attack, and then Mismagius just takes up space on the bench. Plus it's very weak in terms of HP. I also can't get my hands on a Mewtwo Lv. X because they're very expensive, even for the promo version.
    SP energies are mainly for Lucario GL and Crobat G if, for whatever reason, they become active. Although I do realize that It'd take at least one other energy being on Lucario GL for it not to die before i could use it against someone who was possibly weak to fighting.
    My main issue though is with Blaziken FB. If Luring Flame isn't enough, i think i'll need Houndoom Prime after all, because my deck is focused around burning, and then capitolizing on that for an extra 40 dmg.

FurretFTW!!1!

/me lieks Mightyena, too.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    Mismagius sucks as a Mewtwo counter. Banette is fine, and Medicham is safer. Just play Blaziken with Luxray or something. Uxie line is massive...so cut down on one. Houndoom Prime is just a gimmick Pokemon, so let's just keep it for the theme. Try for 2-2 Blaze and maybe Shuppet+Mime to be a jerk. It also adds a Mewtwo counter. Unown [Q] to keep Blaziken safe is really nice, and Blaziken is good enough to be a heavy-hitter. Basically net-deck a good SP build, use 3 Bebe's, add in the Houndoom, and try it out. It should work xP

Years
    That's the thing, though. Houndoom Prime is not a gimmick pokemon. I really don't know if this deck would make it without it. In regards to Banette, I hope you're not referring to the one with Temper Tantrum. It'd take this whole page to describe the amount of suckishness that absolutely oozes out of that manz. It's only purpose in life is to aid discard in decks that need it, and then to get raped by......well just about anything. Don't know what Medicham you're talking about, but that sounds like the best option.
    Don't own Luxray Lv. X, just the GL, which is worthless w/o the LV. X. Don't EVER plan on buying it, so unless i pull it, don't even bother suggesting it.
    I'll definately cut down to 2-1 on Uxie. I've heard that 3-1 would be the standard w/o Claydol, which is why i had that in there. Mr. Mime is from Mysterious Treasures, so it's being rotated out and even if it wasn't, that would be a very random tangent in this deck IMO. Shuppet doesn't help the deck out enough to warrant running just for the lucky donk.
    So, after saying all that, I guess it's net-deck AHOY! Although i don't think anybody runs this deck b/c Gyarados would have it's way with it. I mostly battle my friends for now though, and if and when i bring it to a tournament, hopefully i'll have another good counter.

FurretFTW!!1!

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    Banette kinda beats Mewtwo better than Houndoom, and Medicham is the safer bet that can't be power sprayed. Banette is a good card, and Medicham is just as good. Anyways, you don't need a Mewtwo counter. And anyways, you'll need a faster main attacker that's not Blaziken [you want him safe on the bench] to make this deck work.

Years
    ....and that's probably also not Infernape. It needs 2 energy to attack even with E-gain. Hmm....don't own a lot of good SP so i'll have to figure something else out. Again, wasn't using Houndoom Prime as a counter to Mewtwo, was simply using it for the burn. How does Medicham work as a Mewtwo counter. Only way i'd see it working is if it was in A.) a psychic deck. B) sat on the bench to build up the 2 energy required, and 3. wasn't bench sniped or Bright Looked out. I also don't know how Banette can be power sprayed. It's only poke-power, Temper Tantrum, does no damage and has no impact on whether Mewtwo is eliminated, so i further fail to see how Banette can work as a Mewtwo counter since Darkness Switch wouldn't get weakness because damage counters are transfered and not dealt.

FurretFTW!!1!

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    lol n00b

2 Energy isn't too bad [for Infernape], but in something capable of crazy damage every turn is just a nicer idea for me. And anyways, you need an Energy Gain, which could waste an important Cyrus drop. The power sounds amazing for the deck, so it's fine. Again, I prefer something doing 80+ damage with a good amount of HP for one energy, no energy gain. Shuppet likes this job, and it fills in to KO Mewtwo. By the way, Temper Tantrum is used to discard the Pokemon in your hand to KO the Mewtwo with its second attack, which does 60 damage, and if you add weakness modifiers, is 120, enough to KO the Mewtwo. One passive energy attachment in a game is easy to achieve safely, so you really don't need to worry about it. On the matter of killing off the Shuppet drop, it lures a free KO for you, they're forced to play a bench before, and because of your Infernape, they can't easily play around it without sacrificing prizes. It's a lot easier to time the Shuppet drop correctly than for them to counter a ghost [lol pun] Again, the counter is completely optional, so no worries. By the way, you really should change those SP energy to something better.

Years
    First off, I'm not a noob, so please don't refer to me as one. Second, the reason i figured that, like you said, everybody prefers attacks that use one energy, and i didn't think Lonliness helped any decks besides ones catered to it enough to warrant use(I.e Gyarados), since you usually don't want to discard your pokemon(duh).

As far as Shuppet go, I currently have 3 of them, so i guess i could put them in this deck, but again, making them work is something i'd need to practice, because I honestly don't know too much about Shuppet donking. So i guess you could call me a n00b about that. I do know that Shuppet sees a lot less play now due to Judge.

I have one of the SV Medichams, but again, that seems like a random pokemon to run unless you have something like a 3-3 line of them, so I'm not sure if that's the best choice or something else.

FurretFTW!!1!

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    If you're KOing a Mewtwo, discarding Pokemon really isn't all too bad. Shuppet donk works by killing off the field with Flash Bites, Blower+, and Shuppet's attack. It's like Uxie donk, but with Shuppet. Most anti-Mewtwo techs are played in a 1-1 line because you really have no other use for it. 1-1 is fine to play. Banette is preferable because Shuppet can attack and return itself to the hand. Sleep is fine if you start with it, and it's just, IMO, an overall safer play. Oh, and play Unown [Q] x3

Back