• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Blaziken or Charizard

от_Ian

Original Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2007
    How in the hell do you figure Charizard inspired Blaziken? Charizard is a horned red dragon. Blaziken is an agile, bird-like fighting creature with long beige hair and flaming wrists. Where in any of that do you see a similarity?

I never said that Charizard inspired Blaziken, I was more speaking that Charizard was a very popular character of the series before Blaziken came around. If Charizard was as popular today as it was then you'd see ad banners for 'Get a Free Charizard!' as well as 'Get a Free iPod/Xbox 360/PS3/Wii/iPhone' and that without Charizard to boost Pokemon's popularity in the states, we wouldn't have seen sequels to the series.

Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2008
    I chose both torchic and charmander as my starters in the different games... I can't really remember how strong my charizard was... but my blaziken is strong

Mizer

That a Banana in Your Pocket?
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jul 27, 2007
    Charizard has the appeal
    Blaziken has the Stats

Charizard has a far better movepool

Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2008
    Charizard has the appeal
    Blaziken has the Stats

Charizard has a far better movepool

yes, charizard does have the appeal, I would choose him over blaizakin anyday, mainly because he was my 1st pokemon ever

Grovyle42(Griff8416)

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2023
    Once I got past figuring out what Blaziken WAS, I liked him. But I've always been partial to Charizard, too.

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
    Years
    If you prefer Charizard over Blaziken, you might as well prefer Pikachu over Electivire. They're both popular figures in the anime, and both of their powers have been woefully misconstrued in the anime.

Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2008
    If you prefer Charizard over Blaziken, you might as well prefer Pikachu over Electivire. They're both popular figures in the anime, and both of their powers have been woefully misconstrued in the anime.

I probably would take pikachu over electivire... I know electivire is strong and whatever but... I guess I just have grown an attachment to certain pokemon

от_Ian

Original Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2007

That's true, but it's undeniable that Charizard's popularity was huge back when r/b/y was released originally.
    More people bought Pokemon Red because of the big red firebreathing dragon. Not because of it's stats. It was just plain cool back then.

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
    Years
    Which is proof of today's method of not judging by appearances. A lot of powerful looking Pokemon can be easily taken out. *coughRhyperior*

Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2008
    We don't appreciate liars....

I'm not a liar:'( I really would chose charizard over blazakin, whenever I buy the firered version I'm going to chose him as my starter and make him part of my main team, I'm not about the stats... there are just certain pokemon I like and enjoy training

от_Ian

Original Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2007
    Which is proof of today's method of not judging by appearances. A lot of powerful looking Pokemon can be easily taken out. *coughRhyperior*

That's true, but the main point of my argument was that without (the popularity of) Charizard, the pokemon world might not have expanded.

Years
    I agree Pokemon would not be the same without Charizard being so popular back in the day. I remember back about 7 years ago when people at my school were spending like a hundred dollars a month on Pokemon cards trying to get a Charizard. One kid had one, everyone wanted it, they tried trading for it, but he wouldn't give it up.

In my opinion Blaziken is better because of it's moves. Some say Charizards moves are better, but I like Blazikens moves more. It's not really a factor of who's stronger or not, but basically your own preferances because both can beat eachother technically.

Way back when I was in little kid school nobody wanted Charizard for his stats or his moves, but because he looked the coolest. He was also one of the first Pokemon to be seen in the games. And when Ash gets a Charizard in the anime, guess who else wants a Charizard, lots of little kids who watch the show.

Basically, it's your own opinion and you shouldn't argue over what or who's better. It's like arguing over... Ice Cream and Chocolate. xDD

Shadowthinker

Blissey OKOer
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2008
    Thanks for your replies.I do have a feeling now that Blaziken is stronger though Flying is super effective against Fighting.

Back