• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

blaziken

Spyke

Jiggalo
    Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2004
    Blaziken/
    Blaziken

HP:283
    Att:257
    Def:155
    SP.Attk:255
    SP. DEF:148
    SPEED:187

FIRE punch
    Blaze kick
    sky uppercut
    double kick

NATURE:QUIET

DragonTrainer

Shiver me timbers!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Mar 8, 2012
    Here is the standard moveset for blaziken, I believe:

Blaziken Adamant@Leftovers
    -Rock Slide
    -Bulk Up
    -Brick Break
    -E Quake/

DragonTrainer

Shiver me timbers!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Mar 8, 2012
    Yea, that's true, but I didn't know what item it should have, so I put up leftovers.

DragonTrainer

Shiver me timbers!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Mar 8, 2012
    Hmm, how about this?

Blaziken Adamant @Salac Berry/Charcoal
    -Overheat
    -Bulk Up
    -E-Quake
    -Brick Break

Overheat is there because since he needs a fire move, so what else?I thought this would be better over blaze kick, since adamant reduces sp. attack by a bit.So even with a low sp. attack, overheat will do a lot of damage, especially with charcoal.

Spike Razzor

"Don't argue, you failed..."
    Years
    DragonTrainer said:
    Hmm, how about this?

Blaziken Adamant @Salac Berry/Charcoal
    -Overheat
    -Bulk Up
    -E-Quake
    -Brick Break

Overheat is there because since he needs a fire move, so what else?I thought this would be better over blaze kick, since adamant reduces sp. attack by a bit.So even with a low sp. attack, overheat will do a lot of damage, especially with charcoal.

Wasting Sp.Atk is suicide, a 1 hit shot that you would need to switch out and get hit just to use again.

Blaziken Adamant @ Charcoal
    Flamethrower - Good damage and accuracy, and nice power boost from Charcoal.
    Rock Slide - Need to attack Flying/Fire types.
    Earthquake - Good damage and accuracy.
    Brick Break/Sky Uppercut - A nice well rounded fighting move/Can hit Flyers using Fly. Both have good damage.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    Well... i use overheat on Blaziken as well. I just leave it there only for OHKO occurences... or as a massive finish off move. I think Blaziken is a better physcial attacker than a sp.attacker (even though stats say that Blaziken is good in both category). Tons of Pokemon can learn fire attacks, but not too many can learn rock and fighting...

Spike Razzor

Years
    frostweaver said:
    Well... i use overheat on Blaziken as well. I just leave it there only for OHKO occurences... or as a massive finish off move. I think Blaziken is a better physcial attacker than a sp.attacker (even though stats say that Blaziken is good in both category). Tons of Pokemon can learn fire attacks, but not too many can learn rock and fighting...
    I like keeping it well balanced, thats just me =P.

DragonTrainer

Shiver me timbers!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Mar 8, 2012
    I agree with frosty, overheat is mainly a OHKO attack, and blaziken is mainly a physical attacker, so why not make his special attack a OHKO one?

Spike Razzor

Years
    DragonTrainer said:
    I agree with frosty, overheat is mainly a OHKO attack, and blaziken is mainly a physical attacker, so why not make his special attack a OHKO one?
    Well Overheat is only 20 damage higher than Fire Blast, but at the cost burning off a chunk your Sp.Attack. You come across a Pokemon you know you could of knocked out with a Sp. move (Come face to face with Skymory, No quake, Rock Slide is useless, Bring Brake doesn't do as much now), but your Sp.Atk is gone now and you have no Pokemon left. Your caged in with with Physical moves that won't do anything... It things like this I try to avoid.

Last edited:

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    well... you can't prevent everything... like a Blaziken is destined to fall prey to Dusclops. There are things you can't avoid, and you'll have to rely on what a "balance team" is- to try to cover up as much weaknesses as possible with 6 pokemon, not just one. At least that's how i look at things ^_^

Plus Blaziken never have a very good survivability in my opinion... more like the fast attacker type... "either you go, or i go..."

DragonTrainer

Shiver me timbers!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Mar 8, 2012
    Yes, so to avoid situations like those, make sure that you have pokemon who will cover up each othes weaknesses, so you will not be stuck when they bring out a pokemon that is stronger than yours

DragonTrainer

Shiver me timbers!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Mar 8, 2012
    Well, how about this?

Blaziken Jolly @Salac Berry/Charcoal
    -Bulk Up
    -E-quake/Rck Slide
    -Brick Break
    -Overheat

Jolly will make him faster, and Bulk Up is to increase his attack, so that in a few turns, you have a sweeper eady to attack.

Back