• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Bleu's Showcase Thread (Fakemon, Types, Items, etc.)

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
everyone but Iniarisu isn't showing up, do you have a DeviantArt?

Years
Your work is very good. I especially like the 2 unowns!. Keep up the good work, you definitely have potential (:

Years
Wow, I was supposed to get emails when people replied, but it didn't work. Sorry for neglecting this thread for so long. I thought it was dead!

Thanks for all of the encouragement. I'm not going to respond to all of the comments, but I will respond to one.

the only thing i am not that big a fan of is the racoon type changer.i feel we have alot of type changers and color changers already. but my biggest problem is that i feel just about all the type changers that have been released have a back story or a reason for the fact that they change, like how keckleon is a chemelon which actually change color. i feel u may want a reason why a racoon, which would normally never be asociated with color changes or the japenese week would change color, it just doesent feel right to me. but i could see the racoon as the new bidoof, linone, furett of the game.

Tanukis, which are often called the Japanese racoon, have shapeshifting associated with them. That was in my mind when I created it, but I also needed something that would be able to dramatically show color changes with the type change. The rings on the tail did that.

Anyway, two more fakemon. As it says in my sig, I am moving tomorrow, and may or may not come back to Pokecommunity for a few months. They are not finished, but the sketches are what I have right now. I wanted to have cleaner versions, but my life has been up in the air, and I don't know when I'll have time to sit and sketch again.

Pirsor (evolution of Pinsir)
Spoiler:

Crystix (Evolution of Onix)
Spoiler:

Years
I'm baaaaaaaaack.....

And this time I have a Vector Graphics program!!! That means higher quality for you guys coming very soon!

I am testing my new programs on Tanichi. I made a mock-up of its type/color changes. This is NOT a finished product, but it will help you to see what I mean. I think that the color saturation is way too high on these. Sugimori's style tends a lot more towards the pastels. But it's late, and I want to go to sleep.

(Image Removed on Oct 10th, 2010. Reason: Outdated)

Also, I'm working on a new pokemon: Denppu and Denkki, electric monkeys in the style of Yanappu/Yanakki, Baoppu/Baokki, and Hiyappu/Hiyakki. It seemed obvious to me, especially since the Three Wise Monkeys often have a fourth companion (Do No Evil). I'll release that one as a finished product.

Last edited:
Years
Alright guys! Tanichi is finished! I am quite pleased with the results. Any comments or feedback?

Also, I want to know: if you were to use Tanichi in the game, which of the forms would you prefer?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tanichi (Pokémon that changes form based on the DS's internal calendar)
Solar Raccoon Pokémon
Type: ??? (the actual type)
Ability: Specialize (changes user's type based on the day)
Method of Obtaining: Caught in the wild. Rare.
Breeding: Ground Egg Group
Base Stats: (undecided)
Held Items: Stabilizer - 20% chance (see 'new items' section)
Level-up Moves:
start
Power Blast (type: ???) (pwr: 60) (acc: 100) (PP: 20) - Attack that changes type with the user
For the rest, Tanichi's level-up moveset depends on which Route it is trained on. Each route corresponds with a certain type.
Final Design:
tanichicollage.jpg

Larger Pictures (links only)
日 (sun) - Sunday - psychic type http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj72/scoteaton/tanichi1psychic.jpg
月 (moon) - Monday - dark type http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj72/scoteaton/tanichi2dark.jpg
火 (fire) - Tuesday - fire type http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj72/scoteaton/tanichi3fire.jpg
水 (water) - Wednesday - water type http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj72/scoteaton/tanichi4water.jpg
木 (wood) - Thursday - grass type http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj72/scoteaton/tanichi5grass.jpg
金 (gold) - Friday - steel type http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj72/scoteaton/tanichi6steel.jpg
土 (earth) - Saturday - ground type http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj72/scoteaton/tanichi7ground.jpg

Design Notes:
Tanichi is a pokémon with no fixed type, and as such is listed in the pokédex as ???-type. It is a gimmick pokémon along the lines of Kecleon and Castform, who can change types and forms. Tanichi changes based on the calendar day. In Japanese, each day corresponds with some sort of elemental kanji. Tanich takes its type from that kanji. When it changes, the tail-rings, belly fur, and eye markings will change color to reflect its new type.

Its name, Tanichi, is a portmanteau of tanuki and nichi, the Japanese word for "day"

Years
New one for you guys!

By popular demand, I have vectorized and colored the Legendary Unown. I also decided to set up a DeviantArt site, since I'm starting to get a lot of these drawings. The link is here:
http://bleuvii.deviantart.com/

I also discovered when I drew these how incredibly in proportion the original sketches were! I only drew at angles with a multiple of 15! Here's proof!

Spoiler:

Now, without further adieu, the picture:
=======================================

Alfa
(♂) and Ohmega (♀) (Legendary Unown)

Glyph Pokémon
Type: Psychic
Ability: Pressure
Method of Obtaining: Available in a Secret Room in the Ruins of Alph or an equivalent location. Only available after catching all 28 Unown.
Breeding: Alfa and Ohmega are not in an Egg Group, and can only breed with each other. Their offspring are normal Unown, but these two have the sole ability to pass down Egg Moves to Unown.
Base Stats: (at least 450. They are Legendary)

alfaohmega.jpg

Design Notes:

These are obviously modeled after the Greek A and Ω (alpha and omega). I had to find some way to differentiate the "alpha" from the regular "A" Unown, as well as find a way to make these look cool. I decided to incorporate a lot of triangles into their designs and avoid little "stubs" for legs whenever possible.

Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2012
Your drawings are superb, esp. Tanichi's fire form and the 2 Unowns! I'd want to see a colored version of Pirsor very soon as it looks so epic. I wonder why Tanichi's steel form still looks organic just like its other forms and Crystix was the only one I didn't care for. I wonder what your other fakemon look like, esp. the electric monkeys and Absol's Light-type counterpart.

The Crystal/Glass sounds unique and original, but I'm most interested in the Holy/Light-type; however, Gamefreak should make the following changes first before introducing that type into the next generation:

1. Dark now encompasses the classic RPG darkness element as the type's Japanese name implies to become a counterpart to the Light-type, which means a great % of the Ghost-type's movepool would have to be either renamed/repurposed to sound more "ghostly" or have replacements that are actually spiritual/ghostly in nature so the 2 types won't be too redundant.

2. Plenty of pokemon and moves have their types changed. For instance, Zuruggu becomes Dragon/Fighting, Most current Dark-type moves become either Normal or Fighting, Nuzleaf becomes pure Grass, Shimama becomes Dark/Electric, Curse and Shadow Ball become Dark.

4. The Fighting-type would now cover both fair and underhanded combat tactics. For instance, if there was a move called "Groin Kick", it'd be a Fighting-type move that either has an increased critical hit ratio or causes paralysis even though its an unfair fighting tactic as it inflicts more pain upon the target.

Sure, Gamefreak has made some drastic changes to the Pokemon series before such as the physical/special move split in Gen. 4 and the introduction of triple battles in B&W, but they're nowhere near as drastic as the ones I just suggested above, so I think it'd be very difficult to introduce the Light-type w/o it being too redundant, but I think it can be done.

Anyways, here's my interpretation of the 2 fanmade types' battle effectiveness and reasonings for them(doesn't include other fanmade types):

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
Your drawings are superb, esp. Tanichi's fire form and the 2 Unowns! I'd want to see a colored version of Pirsor very soon as it looks so epic. I wonder why Tanichi's steel form still looks organic just like its other forms and Crystix was the only one I didn't care for. I wonder what your other fakemon look like, esp. the electric monkeys and Absol's Light-type counterpart.

Thanks for the encouragement! I have Pirsor's outline half-finished, but he's proving to be a difficult one. I may take a break while I finish up the design on Denppu (the electric monkey). The problem with that is that I can't get him to NOT look like a Teletubby!

Spoiler:

So when I figure out how to do that, I'll finish it and post it! As for Crystix... I promise you that it will look a lot better than those rough sketches! I just needed to put something up as I was about to take a 2-month break from these forums.

Thanks for sharing your ideas on the types too. In my opinion, one of GameFreak's biggest problems in the typing right now is redundancy. I still get Ghost and Dark confused, and I've been playing these games for over a decade! And did we really need Bug, Grass, AND Poison? Wouldn't it have been better to just have two of the three?

As for the Light type... I am purposely steering it away from physical light and making it more of a spirit type. Though I am using the Japanese concept of a spirit, because the western concept is WAY too unbalanced (IE - Light will always win). I'm a Christian, and I believe that this happens in real life, but even I can look at it and say that it's a bad idea for a game. It's the same way I can say that Jesus is my Lord and Savior, but not an interesting literary character (no inner conflict). [on that note, I am still waiting for an adaptation of Jesus' life that doesn't have him as the main character]

So once again, thanks for the comments! Keep checking back for more.

dead-man-walking

Alive and well
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 6, 2023
I love your description of your Fakemons' designs. Especially the fact they are so detailed and systematic.

Pirsor looked very awkward though. He looked more like a Bug/Steel Cyborg than a Bug/Glass Mutant. xD

Nimblethumbs

my name would look hot in bold
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2015
Well done. Great art. The one thing on Tanichi is, Why is he called a Solar Racoon Pokemon? And, shoudn't he be A dual type: Normal/xxx? Also, most of the forms of tanichi need some kind of sign of their type; colors aren't enough. For example, a pink glow around PsyTanichi, a dark pattern on the GroundTanich (Like a pokemon egg's pattern.)... You get what I mean.

Great job, again.

Ravecat

I'm Right.
Years
I would hazard a guess and say he's called the Solar Racoon Pokémon because of his references to the calendar.

Anyway, I quite like them without intricate patterns, but the colours could be a bit brighter so as to be easier to differentiate the forms.

Back