• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

BMF's Pixels! Yay!

blackmoonflower

You won't like me if I'm angry
Years
Oh look. Another horse. :/ I seriously need to stop getting sidetracked with little projects like this. >.> BUT! I think it looks pretty cool. :3

Carousel-Bottle.gif

Years
People are making too many generic posts lately. If you like the sprite and/or dislike the sprite then please simply say why. It could be colours, pose, etc. Criticism is also appreciated and highly recommended to help the pixel artist improve.

blackmoonflower

Years
Thanks for the support, Logiedan.

So, I decided to revamp my original Pokedex. I touched up a few sprites and even added a new water starter line, making the old line just regular water birds, since they weren't really "cool" enough to be considered a "starter" Pokemon. Hopefully the replacements are better.

RevampedDex.png

blackmoonflower

Years
Nothin', huh? Oh well. Didn't feel like making more fakemon, so I did something more official.

PikachuPecha.gif

Ain't he cute? :3

KK Moloney

Epilyptic Donkey Rhino
Years
ITS A PIKACHU EATING A PECHA (i think) BERRY!!!!
That is just pure cattle in a tree.

But really, what do you use for animating them? I have Gimp, can you do it on that? I'm pretty sure I heard you could animate with Gimp. There are probably other things though.....

The sprites are awesome for the fakemon and I really like those large pixelated drawings things you made. You should make a squirreel!!

One thing, I am slightly confused what Pythoon's position is. It looks a little strange the way I am looking at it. Is its head upside down or somthing?

blackmoonflower

Years
I don't use Gimp, but yes, I've heard that it is capable of animation. Pythoon's body is facing to our right, but its neck and head are turned to look to our left.

Welp, fakemon tiem. Final evo of the mosquito line. Mosqimo.

MosqimoPanel.png

Years
I really like the new water starters and your bugs are very cool. In my opinion though, i like wrigglito and culipod more than mosquimo. the first two have a really cool "hairy gross bug" factor which mosquimo lacks. but maybe that was intentional.
and wasmoth's abdomen still looks like its on a weird angle, but other than that the design is cool.

love the new fakedex design too. look forward to seeing it finished.

Years
  • Seen May 19, 2012
First off, I am veryvery impressed with your animation skills. @,@ The carousel horse one is just aaahhhhh. I also adore your new fakedex. Kitrouble and Felischief look perfect. I really like the bird line as well, though I wonder if you would be able to see Herond's back wing in the pose it's in? I feel like it would, but I also have a horrible sense of anatomy, so y'know. XD I also wonder about the new water starter line (the snakes). The fact that the final evolution has that bright orange in it when the prevolutions don't even have a hint of it looks a little off to me. Would it be possible to work a little orange into them? Or do you think that would look bad?

blackmoonflower

Years
I'm not dead. I think. Yeah, pretty sure I'm still alive. ANYWHO.
I'm terrible at shading and anatomy, so yeah. Still need a lot of practice.

No new fakemon, 'cause I'm terribly lazy. This is like the first pixel thingy I've finished in a couple-ish months.

Alucard.png

P.S. Alucard is one bada$$ mofo. 'Nuff said.

Years
This still feels unfinished to me. But the hair looks very clean and well done. You could try adding some shading on the red coat to clearly define your light source? And you can try anti-aliasing between the red and the black.

blackmoonflower

Years
Thanks, Logie. I might do that if I decide to go back to it. It's a pixel-over, so i just followed the shading of the anime reference.

Years
Thanks, Logie. I might do that if I decide to go back to it. It's a pixel-over, so i just followed the shading of the anime reference.

I understand, but it's still pixel art and I feel that a lot more can be done such as his face with all the black outlines with anti-aliasing and all of that. It may just be too simple for me.

blackmoonflower

Years
Oh look, I died again. And then came back again. I need to stop doing that. Anywho...

Touched up Alucard a bit with Logie's tips. I have a hard time with anti-aliasing, so it could probably still be better.

Alucard-1.png

And then this. Because Dragonair is just so classy.

Dragonair.png

Years
  • Seen Sep 28, 2012
Do love me some dragonair.

Your pixel art is great. You have plenty of room to grow, but you're making excellent progress, practice makes perfect!

Keep it up BMF, your art is great and getting better all the time. Nothing more enjoyable than watching a good artist become great.

blackmoonflower

Years
Thanks for the compliments.

Made this for the WPC. The goal is to re-type a Pokemon into a Fire-type using specified colors. I chose Keldeo to work with. The fire is all scratch and I did my best to mimic the style of the 5th Gen. The palette is custom, save for the fire colors which were taken from Rapidash's BW sprite, and of course the two contest colors.

FireKeldeo.png

heyo

HEYO!
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Wow, that's really good. Was that a pixel-over or did you just do that from scratch?

Back