• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo

Mandy-Chan

*~Candy Mandy~*
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jan 24, 2007
    Just a little curious...Kinda wondering if anyone has watched it and what they think of it...

Mandy-Chan

*~Candy Mandy~*
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jan 24, 2007
    Oh,I could have sworn I put this in the other anime section *sweatdrop*... sorry if I was mistaken...

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Neh...it's an okay anime. It just didn't make the Japanese to English transition very good since a lot of it's jokes are culture based. There's so many cultural jokes it's ridiculous. A lot are very untranslatable and don't have an american counterpart.

Years
    Kazuhito said:
    Neh...it's an okay anime. It just didn't make the Japanese to English transition very good since a lot of it's jokes are culture based. There's so many cultural jokes it's ridiculous. A lot are very untranslatable and don't have an american counterpart.

I'm going with that. I watch the last few minutes because I'm waiting for JLU, but what I see, it feels rather...too random for the sake of random. It's like a Japanese Family Guy.

Plus what the admin says, I don't get it at all.

Oblivion Edgegirl Ayu

Rather Boring
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2007
    This is a good anime, but it's better if you have a lot of knowledge of the Japanese culture and language. There is a ton of cultural jokes, and they aren't even that funny.

But it is an awfully funny anime.

T-Master

Omgz TM
    Years
    It's funny, that's the whole premise, but Yoshio Sawai attempted to be too crazy with it. A pig jumping out of Bobobo's wig and doing a jig is funny for the first ten times, and so is watching him use Jelly as a shield. But after a while, the crazyness becomes too much, and you think "How can these guys lose if they can get shot a thousand times and not die, then make up ridiculous superpowers?"

You realize how pointless and predictable the whole thing is and it becomes boring. It had great potential...

3/10

Isaac Gravity

Supports hot-bloodedness
    Years
    Man, I love that show. It's the kind of series you just kick back and have good laugh. Nothing serious, just good crazy fun. (Every series gets a little predicable overtime wouldn't ya say?)

What I love about Bobobo-Bo-Bobobo most is how it admits to being crazy and pointless: breaking the fourth wall, killing it, burying it in the trash then defiling its grave, its over-exaggeration of certain aspects (more noticeable in the manga like blood loss) and how it parodies every possible cliché there is, like sudden (plot-driven) power-ups, tragic back stories, mysterious characters, situations that would run 15-50+ episodes and settling it in only a matter of minutes or in a very "WTF" manner.

Though it's a series not for the over-serious or those who like to make logic out of everything there ARE a lot of cultural jokes. I'm giving the series credit for simply making fun of the fact it's an English translation of a Japanese anime at points.

In short, Bobobo rocks.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    Yes, this is probably one of the funniest dubs since SPC. The Narrator is even sarcastic at points.

But yeah. Dude has animals and people living inside his head... WTF?! And he fights his enemies with nose hair. And then there's another dude that fights by farting at the opponent! I could go on, but you get how messed up this show is.

Back