• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

/Boredom

Years

• /Boredom

Photography
    Manchester City Center

Photo Dump From Last Year

Textures
    Mystery and Imagination

Icons
    My very limited icon abilities

Vector Pieces
    My favourite form of drawing :3

Wallpapers
    Look at my pretty wallpapers!

Profiles
    Profiles I've designed

Misc
    Created for a concept branding design brief

I know some of these are low quality, some of them got a little bit distorted during uploading

Last edited:
    Years
  • Thanks to the GT photography contest i found a load of old photo's ^-^ so that means one thing...
    PHOTO DUMP! :D

Last edited:

NovaStar

Team Malachite Spriter
    Years
  • You're vector art is outstanding! The one thing you don't have going for you is implementing them into graphics (icons and banners), I can even see the extraction marks in your first wooper icon. Also it looks like they could have more added to them. the Needless to say, that's why we have the Graphics School.

Why I didn't critique your photos was for a simple reason.... I'm not to photo-savvy so I cannot say much about them in a professional fashion.

Years
  • First of all thanks for commenting on my work ^-^ i really appreciate it. Secondly i'd just like to say that most of my work eventually gets put into either a wallpaper that i'll use or a profile design, and for the 90x90 images they are all links to full sized images. Its just so when they get moved to main post they don't take up the entire thing ^-^

Also, heres the implementation of my wooper vector \o/

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • not savvy in photography :(
    Yayy happy to see your Wooper! The blending and the colors are simply spelnding. I think the outline on its branches are a bit too bold. Either go lineless to match the rest of him, or maybe use a dark silver outline or something. I prefer the lineless look though. :3

Years
  • The one without a background doesn't have lines on it :3 it's because of the purple background, the branches blend it.
    But i like the silver outline idea, i'll give it a go. thanks! ^-^

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • Regarding the latest piece, your vectoring is really getting a lot better! The detail on the jackets is pretty darn good! The only thing I would mention is the hair, where there isn't actually any shading. I realise it is probably the hardest thing to do in vectors, but given the two hair styles you've got in that piece, this is probably a your easiest chance to give it a go! Also, I'm not sure if you've intended for them to have their eyes closed, or not to have eyes at all, just because the line where the eye lids would meet is really light and probably not dark enough.

Lastly, the text has a lot of room for improvement. I realise the main feature is the vector work, but if your text is going to cover up such a large portion of the canvas, you might as well get it looking really polished. First of all, it all feels very messy. Partly because it is not aligned properly, there are more blank pixels above the text than under it, it all needs to be moved up a fraction.
    Also, under the word 'never', you've got a substantially larger gap until the next line that all the other words and it throws off the balance and makes it feel disjointed and separate. Also, the font itself is not bad, but it is a little boring. You could find a font that has a little more oomph, which would make it feel a little fuller!

Hope that's ok, but you are improving heaps! So keep it up!

Back