• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Bought First 3 Season 6 Disk Box Sets

Years
  • These came out recently in New Zealand. Did anyone purchase them themselves?. They are quite good. But they cut out the pokeraps. Which is a shame. It says, "Coming up are the pokeraps!" and then nothing happens. Which is a shame

quite cheap as well. Was expecting them to be a bit more expensive. Don't know if they will bring out the other seasons.

Last edited:

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • How much did they cost you? I need both the Orange Islands and all of Johto (This'll get me started on that) to finish the Original Series so I'm actually interested in this. It shouldn't cost more than $150 so I think I have enough for it.

Years
  • I think they put Brock on the season 2 cover because the first few episodes on that set have Brock in it. Because series 1 continued onto that box set. Because the box sets only have 52 episodes on the disks, they carry onto the next box set

They are bringing out the next 2 seasons next year. The DVD's cost around $37. Not too bad I guess for 6 disks! I got them on a kiwi site called mightyape.

Professor Oak is on the cover haha!

Years
  • Are they going to be released in the UK? I currently watch online but I'd love the DVDs.

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Mar 1, 2014
    I really need to import those too because Viz is squatting on their license and not listening to the increasing demand for Johto box sets along with reissuing Master Quest. Only complaint is that they might not work on some hardware DVD players in the US even if they are all region because some have a PAL TV system lockout including the one I have access to here which is a JVC three disc changer from 2001 that was really high end when it was brand new. I already have all the Kanto box sets along with the Orange Islands set but would otherwise have to deal with scalpers to get the region 1 NTSC Master Quest sets.

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Mar 1, 2014
    As did I season 5 is on its way from Australia as I type this. Also got an all region DVD player as well which I tested with PAL discs and they play without a problem. The fact that Magna Pacific actually listens to this stuff (unlike Viz) is huge because they released the complete original series!

Years
  • I still haven't watched season yet. There are so many episodes to watch, i'm still on season 4. Like your avatar nickstr. I Love Misty :)

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Mar 1, 2014
    Thanks, so do I she just seems so beautiful to me er back on topic. The discs arrived on Friday and I am impressed but slightly disappointed that it was the official season and not the complete Master Quest one as I hate Advanced Generation and will not buy the season 6 set even for the last 12 episodes especially since I would most likely not be able to resell the unwanted discs. The quality is better than some were saying it would be and I did not notice any motion blurring or other NTSC to PAL conversion artifacts.

Years
  • Yes, she is. I agree. I thought the quality was pretty good too. I hate how the episodes of one season go onto another box set. What did your box sets look like? . Same as mine?

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Mar 1, 2014
    Yes, she is. I agree. I thought the quality was pretty good too. I hate how the episodes of one season go onto another box set. What did your box sets look like? . Same as mine?

The Master Quest box set I got is identical, weird disc holders and all it took me a while to figure out how to take the discs out and put them in.

Years
  • Oh yes, my mum had to go back to the shop to find out how to take them out!
    We were humilated when we found out to take them out.
    It's really awkward. You have to push the disk down and up. Strange.
    Season 6 and 7 is due for release next month. They are a tiny bit more expensive than the other seasons

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Mar 1, 2014
    I had to do that myself because I don't know of anyone else outside of New Zealand or Australia who has even seen those box sets. It was not that hard to figure out in the least after I looked at the disc holders carefully.

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Mar 1, 2014
    I got them from EzyDVD out of Adelaide but sadly the shipping was fairly expensive as you would expect in the case of international.

Back