• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Box Art Request For RMXP/RM2K3 Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squirrel_

Ending It All
Years
  • Box Art Request For RMXP/RM2K3 Games

For my Game of Star Wars: Generation here is the box art. I will take request.

More later.

Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2006
    why'd you make box art? The game cant be sold, whats the point. This thread should be closed since it doesn't have a story, and isnt for a video game. Post it on the thread for your game.

Squirrel_

Ending It All
    Years
  • It is a request thread for box art and yes actually your game can be sold. And some people might want cool looking box art.

Tyler

PHP Scripter
    Years
  • Acually you cant sell your game. Because if your using someone elses graphics like Pokemon you can get in a lot of trouble. you need to use your brain i think

[_DarkDragon_]

FireDance Trainer
    Years
  • yes you should, even making a star wars game, star wars is copyrighted and therefor anything related to it, including fan games cannot be sold even if they're made with free software like Sphere.

Naito

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2013
    It shouldn't be too illegal to sell it if it is made with the American version of RMXP, and if you use only custom graphics and a custom title screen for the game you are making that is based off something such as Pokemon, may be sold for a cheap price if I'm correct.

Years
  • Squirrel said:
    I dont use pokemon graphics. You said you have seen my games? Not i think you need to use YOUR brain *****!
    Get the hell out of the Game Dev section.

AngelicExcalibur said:
    It shouldn't be too illegal to sell it if it is made with the American version of RMXP, and if you use only custom graphics and a custom title screen for the game you are making that is based off something such as Pokemon, may be sold for a cheap price if I'm correct.
    Yes you can sell games with a legal copy of RPG Maker, but you CANNOT make money off games/movies/etc you do not own (e.g. Star Wars, Pokemon) so basically, this game can't be sold, as it would be illegal.

[_DarkDragon_]

FireDance Trainer
    Years
  • It shouldn't be too illegal to sell it if it is made with the American version of RMXP, and if you use only custom graphics and a custom title screen for the game you are making that is based off something such as Pokemon, may be sold for a cheap price if I'm correct.

That's what I was saying, anything related to the game is illegal if you sell it, maybe you should read the thread "Nintendo's opinion on fangames", you can make custom graphics, etc but you can't call it pokemon otherwise it will be illegal, you can't use words like pokeball and so on because that would make it illegal as well, so basically, you could use an idea that is somewhere in the field of pokemon/digimon, etc but you cannot use anything related to it (even the name!).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back