• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Braces= Terrible

Years
    • Age 39
    • Seen Oct 15, 2005
    I had braces for two to three years. I finally got them off in June but I have to wear a retainer at night.

O

Your Mom
    Years
    What color is your retainer? I mean the gum piece thing. My dentist made the bottom half cuz my bottom half was ok. It was like this electric blue thing. I like it.

Purin

Crazy about Pink Hairdos
    Years
    Mememememe! I wore braces before! Now I have retainers, but since my teeth is straighter, off it goes.
    Omega II said:
    What color is your retainer? I mean the gum piece thing. My dentist made the bottom half cuz my bottom half was ok. It was like this electric blue thing. I like it.
    Mine's colourless. I like things plain.

EVA-01

Looking at Mewthree's past
    Years
    i had braces for 3 years and got em off a year ago and i have to wear plastic plates at night make my breath smelly :(

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    Yes, I did for two years I think. In the beginning it was awful. They gave me something called a tongue-crib and something to expand my jaw. The tongue-crib would hang inside my mouth, I couldn't talk, eat, anything. That was gone after six months of so, though. So, I shouldn't complain.

Now I have a retainer and a mini-tongue-crib type thing. Luckily this one is removable.

Forest Grovyle

Resident Reptilian Artist
    Years
    I had braces for a few years, and they weren't a very pleasant experience. :( But my teeth have come out looking much better than they used to, so it's all worth it in the end. :) If you ever have a problem with anything they give you (they gave me elastic bands which were too tight) be sure to contact your orthodontist about it. :) I got that sorted, and it was much more comfortable.

--FG :)

O

Your Mom
    Years
    well I actually haven't got the braces yet. But it's like the day after so it's probably not much difference. Why can't i just get invisalign? Stupid Braces. So I just wanna ask about you guy's's retainer color. You know the plastic plat part. TRIFORCE89, that must've been an awful experience. They stuck some BLUE rubber bands in between my teeth. Wonder what that's for...

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    I've still got my brace on now, although I'll be having it taken off on Tuesday, and the retainer put on on Thursday. In the beginning, my biggest problem was that the brackets kept coming off, so they couldn't tighten it or anything. It also meant that I couldn't eat carrots or apples or something similar. It's much more relaxed now though - I get out of PE all the time... Well, I used to. I'm going to miss having them. :'(

Years
    I just my braces today,and a suprise came with them...they got messed up the first 20 minutes!(thats a new record!for me at leastXD)Well,right now they suck! I have on blue bands for mine!I really look like a freak now!(Top braces,glasses and long nails!)

O

Your Mom
    Years
    For 2 seconds i wished i was in singapore. Cuz in singapore u can't chew gum... I mean... Life sux without gum... I still chew gum now... *chews* btw its portable gum that ur born with, you can find them at the side of ur cheeks.

darkblastoise89

mech lover
    Years
    man i got braces on but i only have to wear them a year and a half ;) my orthodontist said that i didn't have to wear em as long as most peeps. i get them off next year. even with braces, i still get told i look good....mine are metallic blue

Castrainer

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2006
    I dont have braces, and my dentist said I'll never need ^^;;

Shoudlnt this be at OVP?

Yaoi Boi

Freeze me solid...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2004
    OVP... I'm a n00b too but I think she means "Other Voting Polls". :P

And I'm glad I never got braces. I'd hate to have to wear them...

Back