• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Breaking News: Lucario & Regarding To Final Numbers

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    As POKEMON DIAMOND AND PEARL are only 4 days away from shop release for those Japanese Game Nerds, and only 6 months away from being sold to you bunch of petty Gameboy Nerds that still dress in Pikachu and Bulbasaur shirts and pyjamas, several parts of an interview with Ken Sugimori and an unnamed female official have been highlighted.

Lucario has been confirmed by Gamefreak officials that it will not be ledgendary. It has been suggested that it will be part of a 3 evolution line, making itself the middle one. This is part of an interview that was involving Ken Sugimori and an unnamed Female official.

The interview also referred to the final numbers for the National Dex, a quote from an unknown female official, "to exceed beyond 550". Ken Sugimori also said, "Pokemon from previous generations will be welcomed by old and new players of the two new games as many will have introduced alternative evolutions." However, it isnot clear whether baby presentation will be finally bashed out of the spotlight and just be referred to as Basic Stage. This theory can be heavily supportedby the fact that baby Pokemon from previous generations can now be caught in the wild, WELL THAT IS INTERESTING.

More news to come, expect some massive changes to the game.

1. I REALLY doubt Lucario will evolve. I'll accept it having a prevo, but not an evo.

2. Could it be that you can catch those Baby Pokemon in the wild because of the R/S/E/FR/LG transfer?

3. "allowed to know at this time of year"? What, FOUR days from the Japanese release and you're still supposed to hold info back? Well, you still SHOULD be able to post more excerpts from the e-mail than just one sentence and a phrase.

And, um, if this is an e-mail, then how do you know there's an "unnamed female official"?

Lil-Dill

I need to change that ^
    Years
  • Oh yea good point x24! But really Lucario seems pretty week n all but hes got good atks! I wunder how he will do in D/P

AnDrOmAn

just some dude
    Years
  • I don't know but if he got snatch and the (already) released attacks in the current metagame i think he would be as broken as wobbuffet.

charizard_maa

Queen Chair
    Years
  • Lucario not a legendary? Oh my heart. Still oh well but the problem here is that it can evolve. I mean he looks to good looking to begin with. I know there are pokemon like Salamance and Dragonite who don't finish evolving till level 55 but they don't look so impressive. I ok with him not being Legendary but having another evolve form is a bit too much.

Too many pokemon now. I mean Gamefreak and them like to keep it an even number and 160 isn't even.

The thing is that we are missing a source. Still we heard already but still it not officail till a big site like Serebii announces it.

Plateface

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2007
    Well obviously many of you don't understand and don't have a job..

I work at NoA and therefore am given a luxury of receiving information concerning Dia/Pea and future stuff..

"3. "allowed to know at this time of year"? What, FOUR days from the Japanese release and you're still supposed to hold info back? Well, you still SHOULD be able to post more excerpts from the e-mail than just one sentence and a phrase.

And, um, if this is an e-mail, then how do you know there's an "unnamed female official"?"

It's what the boss says back in Nihon. Can't do anything about it.

And what we received was an interview so, no name of that female.

Yeah, well Serebii doesn't work at Nintendo does he?

Again, you either take this information or not. I don't really care.

Doopliss

(+) Sirena Beach
    Years
  • He's more like a Dragonite type of legendary probably, I forgot the exact name of it. I think it's best that he is not a legendary though. He didn't seem or look like he should be one.

It's called a tier 1, sorry if someone already said that, I only read up to that point. Well that's good that's it's not legendary. We can have multiple numbers of Lucario. I wonder if they'll be able to breed?

..:i n n e r_宇 宙:..

This is called 'YOU SUCK'
    Years
  • Oh my... now everyone wants to breed a Lucario. How shameful. No originality. That's why I'll do it too.

Anyways, for those who still might complain that Lucario was legendary, because he appeared in the movie...

A list of the POKEMON MOVIES that had legendaries.

Pokemon The First Movie: Mew, Mewtwo.
    Pokemon The Movie 2000: Lugia, Moltres, Zapdos, Articuno.
    Pokemon The Movie 3: none (Entei was actually more of a wish granted by the Unown, and the Unown, please, don't get me there)
    Pokemon 4Ever: Celebi, Suicune.
    Pokemon Heroes: Latias, Latios.
    Pokemon: Jirachi wish maker: Jirachi.
    Pokemon: Destiny Deoxys: Deoxys
    and Pokemon: Lucario and the Mystery of Mew (how original) : Mew, Regice, Registeel, Regirock.

So, in conclusion, the main Pokemon doesn't have to be a legendary. I mean, the third movie had none! And Lucario's movie had enough. Why add more?

Too bad though. Why another evolution?

By the way, why do NOA get Japanese e-mails? I thought they were only restricted to NOJ. If they are e-mails from JP.

From,
    ~TheRoad

AnDrOmAn

just some dude
    Years
  • Entei was the main star of the movie even tough he did not exist right?
    Altough i must say a lucario evo sounds really sweet to me.
    Aw well it does'nt make sense without a source....

Ice demon

All purpose cleaner ^^
    Years
  • charizard_maa said:
    Lucario not a legendary? Oh my heart. Still oh well but the problem here is that it can evolve. I mean he looks to good looking to begin with. I know there are pokemon like Salamance and Dragonite who don't finish evolving till level 55 but they don't look so impressive. I ok with him not being Legendary but having another evolve form is a bit too much.

Too many pokemon now. I mean Gamefreak and them like to keep it an even number and 160 isn't even.

The thing is that we are missing a source. Still we heard already but still it not officail till a big site like Serebii announces it.

Since when is 160 not an even number? It can be divided by 2 as far as i know.

Doopliss said:
    It's called a tier 1, sorry if someone already said that, I only read up to that point. Well that's good that's it's not legendary. We can have multiple numbers of Lucario. I wonder if they'll be able to breed?

No -
    Dragonite/Salamence/Tyranitar/Metagross are all Tier 3 with a stat total of 600. So if lucario's stat total is equal to there's, i'd be a Tier 3.Not Tier 1.
    {Kyogre/Groudon/Slaking are Tier2 at 670 and...
    Mewtwo/Lugia/Ho-oh/Rayquaza are Tier 1 with a stat total of 680.}

I need to see a source to believe this.

Tsugaru

Twilight
    Years
  • It sounds strange,Yet I am not sure if I believe it or not..hmm An evolve would be awesome though,but I still see it as a legendary o.o

SephirothX

a.k.a. Shadomew
    Years
  • I don't mind that Lucario isn't legendary. There are too many legendaries up to 3rd-gen anyway. (21!) Heck, 386 is too many Pokémon altogether! (You should have stopped at 251, Nintendo! -_-; )
    I think the removal of the Baby classification is a good concept, though. It sucks having to breed to get the earliest form of a Pokémon...

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Well obviously many of you don't understand and don't have a job..

I work at NoA and therefore am given a luxury of receiving information concerning Dia/Pea and future stuff..

"3. "allowed to know at this time of year"? What, FOUR days from the Japanese release and you're still supposed to hold info back? Well, you still SHOULD be able to post more excerpts from the e-mail than just one sentence and a phrase.

And, um, if this is an e-mail, then how do you know there's an "unnamed female official"?"

It's what the boss says back in Nihon. Can't do anything about it.

And what we received was an interview so, no name of that female.

Yeah, well Serebii doesn't work at Nintendo does he?

Again, you either take this information or not. I don't really care.

TV-Nihon?? ......let's not insult Serebii...

And TheRoad has a good point:

TheRoad said:
    why do NOA get Japanese e-mails? I thought they were only restricted to NOJ. If they are e-mails from JP.

Care to comment?

master-mind

GFX Geek
    Years
  • i actually hated baby pokemon. and 'mewtwo returnes' when they see the mini pokemon, that just killed me. i was like WTF?? mini Nidoqueen? shouldnt be Nidoran(or nidorina... w/e) (girl)???
    Lucario... evolved??? Anubis = RA. lolz, id like to see that. they better make more cool pokemon like primape and mankey. but ya there is to much pokemon, they should just end it now before it kills it self.

charizard_maa

Queen Chair
    Years
  • Since when is 160 not an even number? It can be divided by 2 as far as i know.

[/COLOR][/FONT]

As even number I meant like 100 or 150. 200 would be fine too but 160 is just random compare to the pattern they have set. 150 Kanto, 100 added in Johto and 100 added in Hoenn. Even.

Well I don't care much about the baby and the Lucario not legendary thing is kind of a damper since it was a cool concept for RPs. Still that means we going to have people running around with Lucarios on their teams which will be annoying. That means fire types pokemon/moves are going to go up in usage on the teams to counter those who use Lucario. Still maybe Lucario could be use as a sweaper in NBs.

I have to agree with Ichapokemr and Ice Demon. Sources and Serebii. At this time we need realiable sources and we can't diss the sites that have been realiable to us. Also working at NoA isn't realiable for this topic because it is Nintendo of Japan that is in charge with the stuff of Pokemon Diamond and Pearl. THey keep their information to themselves and in Japan. All information (as I know of) about the DP games have came from Japanese sources and Pokemon news resources have sited them.

Sources are needed.

Yes I do have a job...haha.

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
  • Actually 3rd gen added 135 pokemon.

Yeah true tho. Lucario wont be banned from competition as a result and being a unique type combo, we'll be seeing more of him.

Back