• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Breasts vs Pecs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
    Years
    Breasts vs Pecs ?

Why is it not socially acceptable for women to to expose their chest, but it is for men? Woman may be charged and penalized for indecent exposure in some parts of the world including the United States. Is this equitable? The only difference between a male and female breast is adipose tissue; and in some cases men have more adipose tissue than women.

So should women be treated equally to men in this instance?

Last edited:

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    Your logic stands to reason; however in practice it would not be applicable. While it would not offend me if women were to talk around topless, it would certainly cause more sexual distraction in society. On the whole, and this is a generalisation, women are more mature than men, which is why it's more acceptable for men to show off their goods than it is for women.

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
    Years
    Your logic stands to reason; however in practice it would not be applicable. While it would not offend me if women were to talk around topless, it would certainly cause more sexual distraction in society. On the whole, and this is a generalisation, women are more mature than men, which is why it's more acceptable for men to show off their goods than it is for women.

I see what you mean, but should the woman get penalized for exposing their breasts. Or should they be allowed to, and men whom are "easily distracted" should be penalized if they end up doing something negligent?

I guess I just always thought that we had a weird taboo and stigma about female breasts, while men's breasts have not caused much uproar.

Sire

Making Flareon Own You
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    We're in the point in society where getting the girl with the biggest breasts is an "amazing" thing to do. Our society is based a lot more on sex, girls, models, etc, and breasts have become one of the two things that are sexually on a woman, while pecs aren't sexually on a man.

Pecs, while they do impress woman, don't really do anything, as with six packs and big muscles. There's a lot more things you can, "do", with breasts, so to say..., and therefore, they don't really need covering.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    Maybe men should cover up too? Fashion has become easier for women to keep cool, which I see as the only valid reason for them to be topless, with bikini tops and such so they don't really need to expose themselves. Nice topic you have here.

Years
    I'm not really sure this one is gonna fly... the other topics referring to body parts at least had a medical/ethical/judicial side to argue, but just seems like it'll boil down to 'Why can't women show their boobs, I like boobs'. And this is stretching my definition of what's acceptable here, so I'll save myself the trouble and lock this now.

*Locked*

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back