• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Breeding question

Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2016
    Hi,

So today I have decided to breed my team and make them stronger. Apparently I have missed some point of tutorial about getting IV's from parents. I have Venusaur with IV stat 31 30 31 30 31 30 and some normal Ditto without good IV's. Don't ask me why would I breed Venusaur. I bet it's hacked one so I don't want it. So my question is, since some Venusaurs IV's are 30, they can't be upgraded to 31 unless I have Bulbasaur with max IV's of the same status?

Years
    u can use a ditto with 6ivs. destinedjagold is giving some away on the quick trade thread in trade corner. ur venusaur is basically competitive as competitive battles are at lvl 50 and stats are rounded down. therefore at lvl50, 30 and 31 ivs give the same stat increase

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Hi,

So today I have decided to breed my team and make them stronger. Apparently I have missed some point of tutorial about getting IV's from parents. I have Venusaur with IV stat 31 30 31 30 31 30 and some normal Ditto without good IV's. Don't ask me why would I breed Venusaur. I bet it's hacked one so I don't want it. So my question is, since some Venusaurs IV's are 30, they can't be upgraded to 31 unless I have Bulbasaur with max IV's of the same status?

It's not necessarily a hacked venusaur (unless it wasn't hatched from an egg, then probably) because lots of people breed 30 instead of 31 in various stats for Hidden Power reasons and it's exactly like breeding for perfect IVs; once you get a pokemon with a stat of 30, you simply breed until that particular stat is passed down to the offspring, then continue until you, ideally, get one parent with multiple 30 IVs and another with multiple 31 IVs and then breed them until you get the mix you want. So since your Venusaur has that IV spread, it's Hidden Power is Fire, so maybe think about that before you breed a new one! (particularly if on a Sunny Day team; Fire Type Hidden power gets the 50% boost, you can use Solar beam, and if it happens to have it's HA, you're even better!)

Anyway, you don't need another Venusaur, you can use a Ditto (as was suggested) or anything in the Monster or Grass egg groups:

https://pokemondb.net/mechanics/egg-groups/monster
    https://pokemondb.net/mechanics/egg-groups/grass

But yes, in order to boost those 30 IV stats, you would need a compatible parent who has 31 in that particular stat. Then when you use the Destiny Knot (which is a necessity) it will randomly take 5 IVs from both parents combined and as long as both parents have 31ivs in all teh stats you want (so 31/30/31/30/31/30 and 30/31/30/31/30/31 for example, as long as everything you want has at least one of the parents with a perfect stat in the stat you want) eventually you will get the mix you want.

Back