• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Brock needs to going back to Pewter City

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Did you even WATCH that episode of Chronicles? Besides, Forrest isnt old enough to even be a Trainer yet, so he cant be the leader. In the end, if you recall, they dcided to make an enviroment safe for both Water and Rock types, and Brocks parents are the leaders for now. And for more proff about the Water thing, play G/S/C and fight Brock...he uses Water AND Rock types.

Please see S. Magumarashi's response to your post (Thanks, BTW.)

Also, about Forrest not being old enough to be a trainer yet, Bugsy and Tate/Lisa aren't really old enough to be trainers, either, and yet that didn't stop them from being GLs.

As for the G/S/C, I don't think Omastar and Kabutops should count as water types, since the only reason why they even had the Water type labeled on them is a. They used to be aquatic creatures, and two, they wanted to give them a typing for something OTHER than the Ground type (as the majority of the Gen1 rock types had the Ground type labeled onto it as well.). Now, if you mentioned that he had a Gyarados, a Mantine, a Lapras, or something like that, THEN that might work in your favor.

BTW, you're right about one thing. I didn't actually watch that episode (closest thing to watching it was that brief moment, and even then, I cringed and moved out of the room due to a fear planted into me by that Anthropromorphic, Glasses wearing Aardvark telling his younger sister about how that Cow show was a "Baby show".), However, that DOESN'T mean that I don't know anything about it (Since there are other ways to finding out episodes other than watching them on the tv, like scripts, review threads, summaries, and the like.).

PorygonSquared

He's Supposed To Be Dead!!!
    Years
  • I suddenly had this crazy idea. How about Forrest replace Brock for the next season? It's not the most creative idea, and it's kind of pointless aside from the possible increased character development potential from a relative newbie, but it's a compromise, I suppose.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Oh, if they really bring misty back to enter contests....now that ould be very interesting...hmmm

STEELIXMANIAC

Hatena de Wasshoi!
    Years
  • You guys totally overlook the fact that if Brock isn't around, who will be capable enough to cook delicious meals for Ash and co., make Pokémon food that almost any Pokémon would like, and who will be the one to stock up on potions, food and various other necessities for travelling trainers?

I believe that is one of the reasons that he's still around, and given the fact that he's a rather popular character amongst some people, having been around since the beginning of the series.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    You guys totally overlook the fact that if Brock isn't around, who will be capable enough to cook delicious meals for Ash and co., make Pokémon food that almost any Pokémon would like, and who will be the one to stock up on potions, food and various other necessities for travelling trainers?

I believe that is one of the reasons that he's still around, and given the fact that he's a rather popular character amongst some people, having been around since the beginning of the series.

If they were perfectly able to take care of themselves in the OI without Brock, they certainly don't need Brock for these things.

STEELIXMANIAC

Hatena de Wasshoi!
    Years
  • If they were perfectly able to take care of themselves in the OI without Brock, they certainly don't need Brock for these things.
    Given that the Orange Islands don't really need several months of travelling (at most needing just two months; for trainers who scoot around fairly quickly, maybe just a month?), I don't see why they couldn't take care of themselves for that period of time. The fact is that huge regions like Kanto, Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh need at least one year of travelling, if not even more, thus I think Brock is suited for these long periods of staying out in the wild, and he pretty much plans ahead too, so it'd be a no-brainer for him to still be around.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Given that the Orange Islands don't really need several months of travelling (at most needing just two months; for trainers who scoot around fairly quickly, maybe just a month?), I don't see why they couldn't take care of themselves for that period of time. The fact is that huge regions like Kanto, Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh need at least one year of travelling, if not even more, thus I think Brock is suited for these long periods of staying out in the wild, and he pretty much plans ahead too, so it'd be a no-brainer for him to still be around.

Ok, in the 16th Century Carribean Islands, even a month at sea is a very risky and dangerous gambit, as they are out in the sun all day, they most likely don't have any fresh water, and most times, they feed off of fish, and that's if they are lucky. Besides, it took them days to get starved when they were castaways in the St. Anne Arc.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Ok, in the 16th Century Carribean Islands, even a month at sea is a very risky and dangerous gambit, as they are out in the sun all day, they most likely don't have any fresh water, and most times, they feed off of fish, and that's if they are lucky.

Except this is Pokemon we're talking about, where rice balls can magically turn into giant sandwiches and humongous monsters can get trapped in balls approximately the size of a baby's fist. Real-world logic need not apply.

Besides, it took them days to get starved when they were castaways in the St. Anne Arc.

Yes, the fact that they were trapped on a luxury cruise with a ton of food stocked up had absolutely nothing to do with that whatsoever. :P Also, judging by how quickly the St. Anne was filling up with water, I have to question whether they were actually trapped for as long as you think.

Look, there's a reason Brock came back: people missed him. We already went through a replacement for him, and that did not work out so well. So, I think it is safe to assume that he's sticking around for the long run.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Except this is Pokemon we're talking about, where rice balls can magically turn into giant sandwiches and humongous monsters can get trapped in balls approximately the size of a baby's fist. Real-world logic need not apply.

The part about the Onigri turning into Sandwiches was dub only, actually, so that part isn't canon.

As for the "being trapped in a ball" part. If it's means anything, there are compaction devices being made, anyways.

Yes, the fact that they were trapped on a luxury cruise with a ton of food stocked up had absolutely nothing to do with that whatsoever. :P Also, judging by how quickly the St. Anne was filling up with water, I have to question whether they were actually trapped for as long as you think.

Ok, make that a day. Also, I was referring to when they escaped from the ship. I mean, shortly after the thing, they were very starved (That's also the reason why Ash, Brock, James, Jessie, and Meowth wanted to eat Magikarp. they were completely starving.). If they were able to get starved out at sea in a day or less, wouldn't it have been a miracle for them to even survive the OI?

Look, there's a reason Brock came back: people missed him. We already went through a replacement for him, and that did not work out so well. So, I think it is safe to assume that he's sticking around for the long run.

Yes, and people Missed Misty, and May, and Dawn, there are petitions circling about, people are upset with May and even Dawn, and yet are the writers doing anything about it? no.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    According to Bulbapedia, the only reason they put Tracey in was because Japan thought us Americans would freak out about Brock....that was only stated by one staff member though.

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/..._about_Brock.27s_short_absence_from_the_anime

But I don't think Brock sholud leave. Ash and co. would STARVE without him!!

Really? They didn't starve in the Orange Islands, and they didn't starve in Viridian Forest. The latter of which Brock wasn't even introduced yet.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    They didn't survive 4 episodes into AG, they were starving and had 3 people to feed.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    They didn't survive 4 episodes into AG, they were starving and had 3 people to feed.

Wait, when did I even mention AG? I just mentioned how Ash and Misty survived almost 13 days in Viridian Forest without Brock (since, according to Ash upon their arrival in Pewter City, he had been with Pikachu for two weeks.), and Heck, look at the OI. That took about, what, half a year (Canonically speaking, not episode production dates) and they certainly didn't need Brock to stuff their bellies.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    When did I say you mentioned AG? We're talking about if Brock is needed in the group. Anyway, I think they use the cooking as an excuse to justify Brock still being there

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    When did I say you mentioned AG? We're talking about if Brock is needed in the group. Anyway, I think they use the cooking as an excuse to justify Brock still being there

You mentioned AG out of the blue, so I assumed you were talking to me. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Still, that doesn't explain how Ash and Misty were able to even survive in Viridian Forest for thirteen days, according to Ash, or especially how Ash, Misty, and Tracey were even able to survive the Orange Islands. I mean, in the former, Brock wasn't even introduced yet.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Nope, it doesn't make sense, that's why I like to think the writers try to make it seem as though Brock is needed, even though they can survive without him. Like when he appeared in AG for the first time, they made the 3 of them starve so it would look like Brock is needed, when they have gone the whole of OI without him.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Nope, it doesn't make sense, that's why I like to think the writers try to make it seem as though Brock is needed, even though they can survive without him. Like when he appeared in AG for the first time, they made the 3 of them starve so it would look like Brock is needed, when they have gone the whole of OI without him.

...Which is why they should have actually come up with a far better excuse for him to come onto the show (That is, do it in such a way that DOESN'T contradict the past entirely). Besides, they didn't have him arriving with them being starved in Battle Frontier, or more importantly, when DP started (then again, with DP, the way they had him appear made it seem as though he was actually not planning on returning to Ash, "going on the old road with my love" as he said, and that the only reason why he's with Ash was because the trucker lady ditched him (both literally and figuratively, as in the latter, it's revealed that she already had a Boyfriend.)

...Speaking of things that don't make any sense, why is it that Brock, the guy whose supposed to be the most prepared main character, didn't try to prepare emergency food just in case the St. Anne sunk and they were castaways? Also, why did he easily get fooled by James' obvious lie about having died in front of a church?

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • ...Speaking of things that don't make any sense, why is it that Brock, the guy whose supposed to be the most prepared main character, didn't try to prepare emergency food just in case the St. Anne sunk and they were castaways? Also, why did he easily get fooled by James' obvious lie about having died in front of a church?

I'm sure not many people would bring emergency food onto a ship that appeared not to be in danger of anything. I mean, it was a pretty sunny day and no one really anticipates a storm to cause a ship to sink, with help of Team Rocket members I suppose. This includes the fact that the ship already had a lot of food on it so he might've just taken some of it.

About the the lie, anyone can get lied to. The main charcters are lied to every episode when Team Rocket decides to steal their pokémon by using disguises. I mean, surely you have been lied to at least once in your life. Everyone has because that's how life will usually go.

On topic now, Takeshi will most likely visit his hometown when the gang splits up after Sinnoh so no need to worry. He most likely won't stay there that long again, but Jiroo is the Gym Leader so that's taken care of.

Back