• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Burial or cremation?

Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2012
    I have already instructed my family that I want to be cremated and the ashes should be dispersed somewhere.

I dislike how people spend so much money on graveyards and stuff like that.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    I'd actually prefer to be cremated, with no service whatsoever, and have my ashes spread out at the I-77 South Carolina Welcome Center located in Fort Mill, South Carolina.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I would prefer to be reconsumed by the cycle of life — to decompose back into the earth whence I came.
    There is a strange comfort in knowing I am part of the universe; returning by nature's own course to the form from which I ultimately arose seems... honourable, it might be said.

As for where, a sea burial would be nice. No ceremony though, nor a tombstone someplace; life is its own reward.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I guess cremated or whichever one is more environmentally friendly. I'm assuming that's cremation because all the embalming fluid and stuff they put into corpses--plus the coffins and the graveyard overcrowding--doesn't seem too eco-friendly to me. And normally I don't care much about the environment overall but I just have no opinion on burial options so this seems like a good compromise or something. (Though now I'm reading this thread and apparently it's not. Well, going with that anyway since I already wrote paragraph 2.)

I also have no desire for anything to happen to my ashes, if I go the cremation route. I think it would be kind of creepy for anyone (family or otherwise) to keep them around so I guess I'd probably just want to be tossed out anywhere. Sounds kind of lame but I'd be dead and gone so it's not like it would make a difference to my personally. I guess whatever my family is most comfortable with is my preference.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
    I'd prefer to be cremated by far. As for where I'd want my ashes spread, I'm not sure yet. Somewhere beautiful obviously. I heard people are having them cast outside of the atmosphere into space now, which seems incredibly lovely.

Somehow being cooped up in a box to sit there and rot doesn't seem like a good way to spend my time.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    I would rather be buried than cremated. I'm not too sure why though, even if cremation is cheaper.

Back