• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Butterfree vs Beautifly

Butterfree or Beautifly?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Halfwit

Super Monk
    Years
    I love both of them D:
    butterfree is the original, yes, and I'll always remember training up a caterpie to beat brock's gym with confusion.. it's cute, it's cartoony, it's round, daww. Plus it has fly eyes~
    But I do love beautifly.. i've heard it called a rip-off of butterfree, which is a bit weird seeing as the only thing they share is the animal they're based off, and plenty of pokémon are based off the same pokémon.
    then again, I've heard girantina origin forme be called a rip-off of rayquaza, so hey ho.

beautifly.. it's a swallowtail compared to butterfree being a cabbage white.. it has a proboscis, it has more elaborate wing patterns and a much typically cuter face.
    plus, i agree, its pokédex entry is a bit swish.. I'm reminded of gorebyss.

...aw, i love them both ;;

Last edited:

c3rad

Grass-Type user
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2012
    Since I only really play Red and Leafgreen anymore I have to pick Butterfree. I never really used Beautifly either.

Korny

Hybrid
    Years
    I'm more familiar with Kanto and Johto pokemon and Butterfree was my second pokemon in Fire red

So i guess i'm going to have to go with Butterfree

Umbrachu

Wants a cookie.
    Years
    • Seen May 31, 2021
    Butterfree- best bug pokemon, the original "butterfly pokemon," is a useful team member. It pwns.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Butterfree is one of only two Bug-types to make it into my in-game team (with Vespiquen being the other). Its ability and Sleep Powder move make it a beast and simplify the process of capturing most wild Pokemon.

Rudy

give us a song ex boyfriend
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2024
    As much as I love Gen1, I LOVE Beautifly. Its colours are so nice, and it's just a lovely looking Pokemon c:

I base my love of Pokemon on looks, yes.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    Butterfree is more of a classic than Beautifly. It's still my favorite Bug-type Pokemon (second would by Scyther).

Besides, it's the original Butterfly Pokemon, anyways.

Years
    When Butterfree uses Sleep Powder it's not Sleep Powder, it's Spore, those 2,5% missing chance are pretty much non-existing.
    And Butterfree is the original, while Beautifly is obviously just a wannabe-Butterfree (but it has a cool mouth/nose/whatever you call it)
    So imo it's Butterfree all the way.

Nikorasu

Shut down the devil sound
    Years
    As i was young when i beat the 5th gym leader, Norman, i thought to my self 'Hmph i need to get a variety of types i my team. All i had was grass and electric. I decided to get bug and water. First i caught my water pokemon. And then bug. But before i caught my bug. I thought what should i catch?

Butterfree it is bug and psychic so i'll be awesome.

2 weeks after constant looking i decided to look on the internet. OMG NO BUTTERFREE?!!?

Anyway... butterfree owns beautify as it learns things like confusion <3

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 28, 2014
    Butterfree for sure. I used to always have one on my team in Blue and Yellow. I never really use Beautifly.

darktiko

Alino the Mage
    Years
    please learn to spell better but I'd choose Beautifly.
    1.-It can learn grass type moves which helps it with the electric types.
    2.-Atleast it looks like an actual BUTTERFLY!!
    3.-It can sleep powder enemies and Its great with flying type moves.
    4.-The dreaded sleep powder and other status changing moves make up for it's low defense but high speed.

isthatyoudan

doesn't work well with others...
    Years
    The pictures don't show up on my computer, so I don't know which is which and can't enter the poll... but i'll say...
    BUTTERFREE!
    1. I have one.
    2. Love the compound eyes.
    3. I know more about Butterfree.
    I do have to admit that beautifly is a bit cuter though...

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
    Years
    Butterfree is the only correct choice.

...wait, which one did I vote for? All I saw were two red Xs. Don't tell me someone put Beautifly on top despite having the thread title with Butterfree first. There's no way Butterfree is on the losing side.

Eh, Beautifly is cool, though. Even if I mistakenly voted for it, one more for the underdog, then. Butterfree is still the right answer, though. ;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back