• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Can a pokemon be shiny?

Years
  • can a pokemon be shiny in coliseum?

1. in coliseum when you load a pokemon thats shiny does he look shiny.
    2. can the pokemon in story mode be shiny snagables.
    and 3. smeargle in it is shiny but when hes sent to ruby he is not shiny.

JordanPKMN

Manga Freak!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2004
    My Blaziken on Sapphire is shiny in Colosseum.

Yes, it can. My Blaziken on Sapphire is shiny in Colosseum.

Scyther5

One DEAD GUTTED Shiny Hunter
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 19, 2011
    Whoa, thats awsome Ive never thought of that, even more reason to look for shinneys or cheat -_- if your that kinda person.

HellishHades

Pure Evil
    Years
  • If you cheated, and cheated improperly, then you're monster's data will be reverted to its original state. That means it won't be shiny after traded. However, if you cheat properly to get your shiny monster, it will remain shiny.

Years
  • I loaded up my smeargle, and I noticed that Smeargle ..for some reaosn, have diffrent tails! On one copy, its green.. The other Red!
    I loaded up my Rayquazaa, And it shines ^-^ Its preety cool to!
    i havent " snagged " any that are shiny..sorry!

katty

what's^?
    Years
  • it must be some glitch then, i dont know this one ^^;
    if you trade a shine from colosseum it will remain shiny, i dont know about smeargle. Yes, you can get a shine thorugh trading, my firend at spp(steel pikachu) has traded a noctowl and it became shiny on ruby/sapphire.( the chances are the same as encountering one in the wild)

Pikaki

Wannabe preator... *Sigh*
    Years
  • Well,you're lucky you can use that trick.I had a Game Boy Advance link to GameCube,but it got lost,and I could never find it.It was way before Pokemon Colosseum came out,though.I'd be very happy if I could find it.

OffRoadSP

Still working on Sun & Moon...
    Years
  • katty said:
    it must be some glitch then, i dont know this one ^^;
    if you trade a shine from colosseum it will remain shiny, i dont know about smeargle. Yes, you can get a shine thorugh trading, my firend at spp(steel pikachu) has traded a noctowl and it became shiny on ruby/sapphire.( the chances are the same as encountering one in the wild)

So, let me get this straight: you won't encounter a shiny in Colosseum (or rather, it won't appear to be), but after trading into R/S, it will become shiny (or rather, be revealed as shiny). Is that the idea?

Eriana

Beginner
    Years
  • I know Pokemon can be shiny but I haven't encountered one yet. But a lot of times I see my game system show me a really shiny or sparkling Pokemon...Usually it depends on whether or not my Pokemon is between an attack or after it's used an attack...Gomen...I don't know what to tell you either...^_^'

Kyosuke

.·Simple Complexity
    Years
  • I've never encountered a shiny pokemon either I've always thought I would come close but it never happened to me XP. I doubt you would be able to find a shiny in PC, but who knows, maybe one day someone might.

Greed

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2008
    I dunno about colosseum, but on the other games it does come out shiny.. Surely in collosseum it can ^^

*dies*

Back