• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Can anybody explain...

SlitWeaver

Pokémon Champion
Years
  • Can anybody explain the appeal of ROMs to me? I just can't get into NOT playing the "hard" cartridge, the real deal one could say. So if anybody could explain it to me, I'd appreciate yalls opinions!

hinkage

Everyone currently in an argument with this member
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    This is my shiny Mudkip: I spent 5 hours of straight biking to get him. It was worth it.
    OT: AAAAAAA

SURE

Anyway, you get used to it. It's not too different control-wise, and being able to speed through boring battles is a really good bonus, too.

droomph

weeb
    Years
  • If you're saying you don't like ROMs then you mean you don't like dem viddy games.

But anyways, a ROM is basically just saving space and money. While you can get ROMs basically for free, you have to pay like 34.99 for each Flash cartridge. And if you have more than twenty games it's also a great organizational tool. c:

Years
    • Seen Jun 18, 2012
    I'd love to play my half-arsed pokemon hack in gameboy or something but alas I do not have the right equipment to write it.God bless the psp.

NDogg45

Skrillexmon is best Pokemon
    Years
  • You can use it for back up copies, easy playing, simple playthrough with the speed tool, and plus, a VIRTUAL GAMESHARK! Gamesharks are expensive, in my opinion.

Lord V-Man

Casual modder
    Years
  • Glitch hunting, one of my favorite activities in the 1st generation. With roms that is made a lot easier (backups, speed-up, gameshark, ...) and you don't run the risk of completely ruining your cartridge in the process. Oh yeah, one more thing: easy trading! When I played pokemon on my gameboy as a kid, I could never evolve some pokemon because I only had one gameboy, with roms you just open a new instance of the game and trade away :)

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2012
    I enjoy Glitch hunting soooo much fun haha especially when you find them you have to like double take haha

Back