• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Can anyone explain exceed's to me?

Years
    Taken from the Yu-Gi-Oh! Wikia article (it says everything I would have said but saves me having to type it):
    "Exceed Summons can be conducted when there are two or more monsters of the same Level on the field. Those monsters can be used as Exceed Material Monsters to Summon an Exceed Monster whose Rank is the same as the Levels of the monsters used.

In order to Exceed Summon an Exceed Monster, you must first take the required Exceed Material Monsters face-up on your side of the field and stack them together. Then, the Exceed Monster is Exceed Summoned from your Extra Deck, and placed on top of the stack.

Exceed Material Monsters are not sent to the Graveyard. Instead, they are placed on the same Monster Card Zone beneath the Summoned Exceed Monster."

Also, Exceed monster have a rank so for example, Gravity Bind won't work on them and they cannot be used as Tribute for a Ritual Summon or as Synchro Material and any other cards that refer to a level of the card do not have an effect on them.

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2011
    Weird, but cheers I looked for it but failed to find the article.

revelp8

My mohawk is on fiiiyaaaa!
    Years
    We had synchros for a while now =T

but yea, exceed is the japanese language for it, for some reason they're translating it to Xyz monsters, though if you type either exceed or Xyz it should show up in YGO wikia

FYI, they're already released in the OCG already, for almost two months now

Back