• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Can Anyone Suggest Me A Dragon Badge Name? :3

Winson

Legendary Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2013
    Hello! X3 I was apparently made as the Dragon Gym Leader of a certain group in a certain community website. I still yet to think of a good name for a Dragon Gym Badge. XD Can someone give me some suggestions? :3

And also, what do you guys think of these names I made up? :3
    Mystic Badge
    Divine Badge
    Legend Badge
    Legendary Badge

Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2010
    Mystic implies something beyond the physical realm -- Aka, psychic.

Divine implies something that is holy -- Aka, "light" (though it doesn't exist [as of yet?]).

Legend / Legendary implies pokemon of legends. While this *might* work, it is also a little iffy.

Have you considered "Wyrm badge"?

Winson

Legendary Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2013
    Mystic implies something beyond the physical realm -- Aka, psychic.

Divine implies something that is holy -- Aka, "light" (though it doesn't exist [as of yet?]).

Legend / Legendary implies pokemon of legends. While this *might* work, it is also a little iffy.

Have you considered "Wyrm badge"?
    Hmm... Wyrm Badge... Maybe. XB

Wyrm is the Old English term for dragon or a dragon-like creature.

What about Draco Badge or Dragoon Badge? :3

Draco is Latin for dragon and also the name of a constellation and also the name of a dwarf galaxy.

A dragoon is a soldier who fights on foot but relocates on horseback.

Last edited:

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    Oooh, I agree with Winson. 'Drago' or 'Dragoon' badge. Both sound cool, imo. :3

Ayselipera

I was thinking "Mystic Badge" right when I looked at this thread and then I saw you had that as your first choice. XD

Dragons are always given the term mystical creature or beast so when I hear the word dragon I think mystic. I definitely don't agree with "Dragon badge" that's too similar to the actually gym. It's just like if you had a fire gym and you named the badge "Fire badge." It's too similar and uncreative.

A synonym to a dragon is either a basilisk, hydra, tarragon, or wyvern. I would suggest using one of the less used names for dragons for your badge. For example "Wyvern Badge" sounds pretty good to me. I would also suggest maybe looking up the Latin word for dragon. I find Latin to be a very interesting and vibrant language to use when naming things.

dooxer

42 or not 42
    Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2013
    draconian: Exceedingly harsh; very severe
    definition right there :D

no really, if you plan on making one super hard gym, draconian fits in the sound of it and in definition.

Emlam

Old School
    Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2010
    Maybe something dragon-y like fangs or claws. :P
    "Legend" works too.

Back