• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Can anyone tell me what kind of card this is?

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    I always thought it was a fake card, I still have one in my collection though.

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
    its called ancient mew. its a promo that was given out with the first movie or the second i dont remember.

Massai

Lesson The First
    Years
    • Seen May 2, 2011
    its called ancient mew. its a promo that was given out with the first movie or the second i dont remember.

Something like that. I remember having one, haven't seen one of those in years though - ahhh memories.

coolcatkim22

Team Rocket's Rockin'
    Years
    I got this card from a friend and I do not know what sort of card it is.
    Oh my gosh, you got an ancient Mew card!
    When I heard that they were giving ancient mew cards out at the theaters but only for a limited time, I wanted to get at the theaters early and get one.
    Unfortunally, the theaters were pack the first day of the opening and I couldn't go there the second day because we had to go up to the cottage and I was only able to go to the movies when we came back and at that time they stopped giving out ancient Mew:pink_cry: and all I got was a stupid Elecabuzz card.:pink_pissed:

pkmn trainer natty

that darn meowth!
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    That's an Ancient Mew card given out at the theatres when you purchased a ticket for Pokemon 2000. So many memories brought back ...

sabapple

Fly High☆
    Years
    Gah, Ancient Mew... Oh the memories... ^^ I still have mine stashed in my card collection. I still remember when my Grandma brought myself and my cousins to go see the movie, though I do also remember being quite upset when I got the card as I could not read it ^^;

ThisPowerIsAtomic

[Insert Catchy Title Here]
    Years
    Ancient Mew! I still have my in a binder full of Pokemon cards somewhere, I remember my brother and myself going totally crazy over it when we got it at the movies.

UlvMor

I'm pretty sure I'm awesome
    Years
    So obviously I didn't get it when I got one of these cards, being all of about 10, but some of the writing is actually runes. I wonder if they say something or if they were just randomly used.

Years
    It might be worth a lot in the future, but because it's still so common for a "rare" (because so many people saw the movie), it's worth around $2-$5, depending on the condition.

Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2010
    Thank you guys so much! and it is in really good condition, it is being kept in one of those individual plastic card holder things.

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2016
    I remember that, it's an ancient mew promo card from the 2nd movie I remember that well....

mars714

Comic Maker
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2010
    Given out at the theaters showing 'Pokemon The Movie 2000' It is the same card that appears at the end of the movie. Apparently, it was the card which started the character who wanted to capture Articuno, Zapdos & Moltres, collecting streak.

Emlam

Old School
    Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2010
    Aww, Ancient Mew. :D I have a ton of those, but they're still cool. XD

Back