• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Can I change which HMs each badge gives permission to use?

FSBS

Defunct
    Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2019
    After an extended break I am returning to work on my hack. I'm working on planning it out as I map, and I was wondering something - can I change which HMs each badge gives permission to use?

For example: say I switched Lt. Surge and Misty's towns, but I wanted Surge's gym to allow use of the Cut HM (as opposed to Fly.) Is it simply a matter of re-writing the Gym Leader script and setting a different flag, or changing the HM itself so that Fly is instead Cut?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2019
    yes. I'm working on emerald but i think i can help. The flags are easy to find in the gym leader person event: Setflag 0x
    820 is flash
    821 is cut
    822 is fly
    823 is strength
    824 is surf
    825 is rock smash
    826 is waterfall

I don't know if they correct but you can't try, and i think is more easy this way than the other.

FSBS

Defunct
    Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2019
    yes. I'm working on emerald but i think i can help. The flags are easy to find in the gym leader person event: Setflag 0x
    820 is flash
    821 is cut
    822 is fly
    823 is strength
    824 is surf
    825 is rock smash
    826 is waterfall

I don't know if they correct but you can't try, and i think is more easy this way than the other.

Thanks, so it is possible then. Just needed to know that; scripting and flagging is still a ways away right now but it's crucial to the flow of maps and gameplay.

Back