• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Can I edit the text of a hack?

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2016
    Hey so I'm a huge fan of Pokemon ROM hacks, I recently ran into Pokemon Resolute version again and it really does seem fantastic. The only department in which it is lacking is the horrible grammar and spelling. This completely ruins the experience for me if I can be honest here, which is why I am wondering if it would be possible for me to fix it? As in rewriting everything, just fixing the text. I've got a few weeks off work and wouldn't mind, could re-release it again for others interested too. How can I do this? Do I contact the creator or is there some program which I can use for editing and get straight to it?

Thanks

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    The easiest way to edit existing text/dialogues in the game would be to download Advance Text. Using it is pretty easy and straightforward. However, you're not allowed to edit other people's work, especially if you're planning to release it. You could message the hack's creator and ask to help or rewrite the dialogue.

Also, questions like this belong to the Beginner's Lounge section.

Can I edit the text of a hack?

Thread moved.

Sniper

ふゆかい
    Years
    Unfortunately, I don't think that's a good idea. But you already played it. I think for me, as long as I understand what the sentence meant even the grammar or spelling. But you need to contact the creator, as long as he agree. The creator himself, will probably get the patch and give credits for you. As the above said, A-text is fine yet buggy for me <3 You should just use XSE.

Back