• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] can i make all pokémon genderless?

Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2020
    henlo, frendos
    i'm new to hacking and i have a question. tools that let me edit pokémon species give me the option to make them entirely genderless. that seems real cool, but i wonder:

(how) would breeding work?
    what else would this modification affect?

i'm hacking leafgreen, btw
    anyway, thanks heaps

LuminousWarrior

Knight In Battle Scarred Armour
    Years
    Well, I'm fairly new to hacking, but I would assume that
    1: Breeding wouldn't work, except with Ditto. It's sort of like how certain regular Pokemon, such as Metagross, don't have real genders. In order to breed a Metagross you need to breed it with a Ditto, not an opposite gendered Metagross.
    2: The infatuation status condition, and by extention Cute Charm and Attract, simply wouldn't work. It goes back to the Metagross example. Any Pokemon that doesn't have a gender is, logically, unaffected by any moves that target the opposite or the same gender.

Source: Pokemon experience and lots of time using Metagross.

Back