• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Can Mew obtained from the Mew glitch be transferred from Pokébank?

Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2019
    Can Mew obtained from the Mew glitch be transferred from Pok?bank?

I would like to know if Mew from the Mew Glitch can be transferred from the Generation I games to Pok?bank for Sun and Moon or if it is not possible?

Flan

has the bird flu.
    Years
    • Age 27
    • NYC
    • Seen Oct 15, 2017
    To clarify on this matter, there is a way through arbitrary code execution (ACE) in R/B/Y for you to edit the OT and ID no of your caught Mew for it to be PokeBank-compatible. So in theory, yes, you can if you choose to use ACE, and it will be indistinguishable from the regular GF 22796 event Mew. However, whether or not this is entirely legitimate is another matter--I believe in our Trade Corner, there are rules against Pokemon created through ACE. The problem is that it's literally impossible to track that down unless there are obviously illegitimate Pokemon like Shinies that normally cannot be found in R/B/Y.

So ultimately, to answer your question, yes. But be aware of its overall status of legitimacy if you do choose to glitch your Mew through PokeBank.

Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2019
    Thanks for the answer ApolloMaster and Flan. I think it would be to complicated for me to transfer him though.

Last edited:
    Back