• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Can Ocean Routes Be Made More Interesting?

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
    Years
    I think scenery will make people forget about the layout. Through title editing, I believe the sea can look wonderful, and with the right beauty, I think people will enjoy sea routes.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2019
    I think scenery will make people forget about the layout. Through title editing, I believe the sea can look wonderful, and with the right beauty, I think people will enjoy sea routes.
    This.

And down with the obvious rock boundaries! Make the sea big, make it scenic, and give us a reason to explore it. Heck -- we could even pull a Wind Waker and add treasure that we can dig up from the sea floor or something.

Truality

Left for good
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2013
    I don't know about 'ocean routes'-seeing as the name makes me think of a boring scenery where you just trudge through water over and over again-but for water routes there is always room for excitement. I always ask these questions to myself when I Surf to a place I haven't gone before:

• Will it lead me to a formerly inaccessible location of the route/town I'm in?
    • Will I find items in small spots in there?
    • Maybe I'll encounter Tentacruels?
    • Is there a female swimmer around somewhere? (okay, this one is a joke)
    Of course it can get keener than that. Personally, I'd add more exploration possibilities, like multiple banks, instead of puzzles. I think that puzzles do not fit in a water route. And finally, I ALWAYS have a small part of land for the player to drift onto. I don't know why, but it comforts me. And that's why I'd never call it an 'ocean route'.

Back