• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Can someone give strategies for Shedinja?

Kaiorga8929

lulz.
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Oct 26, 2009
    I was just wondering what Shedinja can do... I know what is Wonder Guard.
    I want to know if Wonder Guard can also protect the only 1 HP Shedinja has from moves like Sandstorm, Hail, Poisonpowder, Confuse Ray, etc. Also, do Future Sight (although it says Psychic type, it is neutral to all types, that means neutral damage to Dark types and neutral to Fighting and Steel types) and Doom Desire (same as Future Sight) affects Shedinja?
    In EVs, what is best to train Shedinja? I know that training it's defense and special defense is useless :sleeping:
    What moves are best to make Shedinja have? I was thinking something like Solarbeam, Shadow Ball, Sunny Day, etc. and is it worth to train Nincada to level 38 to learn Metal Claw for Shedinja?

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    these attacks all damage Shedinja

-leech seed
    -poison/toxic
    -spike
    -sandstorm/hail
    -flying/fire/ghost/dark/rock attacks
    -future sight/doom desire (they're neutral type)
    -struggle (also a neutral type attack)
    -confuse ray
    -mirror coat (but as if Shedinja uses sp.atk)

Shedinja- [atk + / sp.atk -] @ lum berry
    EV: max atk and speed
    -shadowball
    -protect
    -silver wind/HP Bug
    -aerial ace

I don't have pokedex with me, so I don't know the exact of Shedinja's sp.atk, but I think that it's base 60 or lower? =/ Without STAB and such a low sp.atk, I doubt if any sp.atk will do much damage.

Metal claw = useless on ANYTHING. All steel attacks except meteor mash shouldn't be used. Steel wing is only used when HP is not available (gameboy player without cheating device to adjust IV).

Jirachi

is made of gold
    Years
    frostweaver said:
    these attacks all damage Shedinja

-leech seed
    -poison/toxic
    -spike
    -sandstorm/hail
    -flying/fire/ghost/dark/rock attacks
    -future sight/doom desire (they're neutral type)
    -struggle (also a neutral type attack)
    -confuse ray
    -mirror coat (but as if Shedinja uses sp.atk)

Shedinja- [atk + / sp.atk -] @ lum berry
    EV: max atk and speed
    -shadowball
    -protect
    -silver wind/HP Bug
    -aerial ace

I don't have pokedex with me, so I don't know the exact of Shedinja's sp.atk, but I think that it's base 60 or lower? =/ Without STAB and such a low sp.atk, I doubt if any sp.atk will do much damage.

Metal claw = useless on ANYTHING. All steel attacks except meteor mash shouldn't be used. Steel wing is only used when HP is not available (gameboy player without cheating device to adjust IV).
    Actually, you should not use Protect on Shedinja, it just takes up space and you never know when your opponent is going to kill you, I prefer replacing Lum Berry with Focus Band.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    use protect to detect secret HPs that are super effective against you. HP is highly unpredictable. Plus with protect, you may block toxic. Protect acts as an early warning to switch out. Lum can also be used to block off will o wisp, confuse or toxic, all of which kills you in one hit. Focus band's 10% is rather... not the most reliable thing ever.

Plus there's no more moves that Shedinja can learn... there isn't that much physical moves it can learn without going into HPs.

Taeki

Furry Gerbil
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Aug 14, 2005
    You can only give pokemon about 10 power ups each.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    one vitamin is equilvalent to 10 EV of that type... so vitamins are only shortcuts in EV training. Fighting 10 Whismur is the exact and free equilvalent to one HP Up. Shedinja has a fixed HP value of 1. Even if you use 252 HP EV (which is normally 63 hp on any other Pokemon), it's hp is still one. It's a constant and cannot be changed, and you just wasted valuable EVs in the same time. So yeah...

Kaiorga8929

lulz.
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Oct 26, 2009
    Shedinja's lowest and highest HP stat is 1, there is nothing you can do to raise it.

Back