• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Can Someone help me create a sucessful Websites

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
Years
  • What I meant was, for someone to give me tips and prgrams, i dont want anyone to actually make me a site XD. But thank ya.

Strider

Not Pwnd
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2006
    You will definitely need content. Layout and graphics are sceondary. If you have contents that people want to see, they'll visit your site.

punkie90

You can call me PK!
    Years
  • Well, I would use adobe for the graphic because it's better! You should probaly ask victory road or Arcanine to help you with your site! I hope this helped you!

PichuSecretBase

Web Site Critique
    Years
  • Ok Ok Ok, Here we go Diz

1. Planning your website-
    I frames or HTML (PHP and SHTML is hard to find a host for)
    Title
    About

2. Host-
    Just about all hosts support I frames and HTML so here are some choices
    Geocities.com (Free, Odd Side Ad)
    Brinkster.com (Free, No Ad)
    Angelfire.com (Free, Ungoshly ads)

3. Layout-
    Your layout has to fix in with your site. If your gonna have alot of content you need to have a big expandable nav. If its a small site you need just a small nav.

4. Content-
    Write Content in UNIFORM (such as this:)

Content Title
    Content Content Content

^ VIOLA!^

5. Opening-
    Post on forums, tell friends.

And thats it

shiny_jiggly

Pu? (Clueless?)
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Pu?
    • Seen Apr 30, 2008
    Strider said:
    You will definitely need content. Layout and graphics are sceondary. If you have contents that people want to see, they'll visit your site.
    I disagree with what you've said. I believe that graphics are part of content and so they are very important as well.

punkie90

You can call me PK!
    Years
  • shiny_jiggly said:
    I disagree with what you've said. I believe that graphics are part of content and so they are very important as well.

Yes, true. Without graphics the site would look so darn boring. And with them it looks exciting.

Strider

Not Pwnd
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2006
    punkie90 said:
    Yes, true. Without graphics the site would look so darn boring. And with them it looks exciting.

Maybe it does, but graphics do not really matter. At least not as much as content (unless you are making a graphics site). Look no further than Pokemon Fans Universe. Its graphics isn't exactly breathtaking, ditto for Pokefor. However, are there any doubts that these two sites are currently among the finest.

As long as your graphics are tolerable, your site would do well provided the content is there. While its true that graphics help to give visitiors a first impression of the site, no one is coming to a site and staring at the graphics and layout for hours. Nor they are going to came back beacuse of it. I've seen sites with excellent layout, but lacking in content. A site could live without an excellent layout, but it can't without any contents.

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
    Years
  • Aww thanks you guys, Is there any specific Program that could help me create Pages? I can Find a host, I just dont wanna end up a Freewebs Freak even though I have nothing Against Freewebs XD.

shiny_jiggly

Pu? (Clueless?)
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Pu?
    • Seen Apr 30, 2008
    You could use Microsoft Frontpage, and Geocities has this online tool called Pagebuilders which lets you create pages without any knowledge of html.

Rukario

Banned
    Years
  • Strider said:
    Maybe it does, but graphics do not really matter. At least not as much as content (unless you are making a graphics site). Look no further than Pokemon Fans Universe. Its graphics isn't exactly breathtaking, ditto for Pokefor. However, are there any doubts that these two sites are currently among the finest.

As long as your graphics are tolerable, your site would do well provided the content is there. While its true that graphics help to give visitiors a first impression of the site, no one is coming to a site and staring at the graphics and layout for hours. Nor they are going to came back beacuse of it. I've seen sites with excellent layout, but lacking in content. A site could live without an excellent layout, but it can't without any contents.
    if your ONLY refering to data presented then you are right.. otherwise those sites mentioned leave a lot to be desired (in the looks dept) u know, u can have both content AND a flashy, image laden layout design..

Shining Arcanine

Senior Super Moderator
    Years
  • Strider said:

Thanks for the complement. I worked very hard on PFU.

Years
  • However.. sites that lack nice graphics turn people off.. especially sites where you can find the exact same information on 300 other sites, ie: pokemon. Who wants to surf a site that looks ugly? I guess it depends on your opinion.. to me, a site that lacks in design I just turn the other way, no matter how much content you have. I purposely go search for the same content on a nicer site, even if I just accidently ended up on the page.
    When I had my pokemon site, I was getting 2000-3000 hits per day.. it was a shrine.. meaning I had maybe 10 pages of content, thats it.. explain that?

Back