• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Can someone point to a tutorial that teachs how to use CFRU and Emerald Battle Engine Upgrade V2?

thiaguinhohp

Hacking newbie
Years
  • I'm really interested in implementing thoses cool features in my hack but I have no idea of where to start. I wanted a patch to apply all the changes CFRU have but people don't allow patches but at the same time they assume we all know how to use github which i find complicated. They don't point to a tutorial to implement CFRU changes so i'm asking here. Also I want to do a multiplayer focused hack.

I tried a FR rom hack based in CFRU and link battle didn't even started. I tried another FR hack that i don't know if it's based in CFRU and the link battle was fine. But when I activated mega evolution it got stuck in "communicating... please wait" message.

TBH i love Emerald more than Fire red and heard of dizzy eggg's emerald engine (https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=417820&highlight=follow)
    I got really interested because it says mega evolution is supported even in link battles which I find impressive.

So the point is: can someone please help me to start this? I wanna implement all dizzy eggg's Emerald Battle Engine Upgrade V2 features. But I have no idea on how to do it. Is there a tutorial?

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2024
    The CFRU has an pretty extensive Readme with it :/
    Either that or there's a Discard server where you can ask humans.

Back