• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Can someone rate my team?

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2006
    Cacturn@Leftovers
    EV Spread (Defence)
    Calm
    Ingrain
    Leech seed
    Absorbe
    Niddle Arm

First I start of with Cacturn lv.100. One the first round I use Ingrain. Then next turn I use Leech Seed and then next I would attack with Absorb to keep my Cacturn with most of its HP. With hp of 297 and somewhat of good defence of 200 it's hard to take this pokemon down. And if Cacturn Faints I sent out Ludicolo.

Ludicolo@Leftovers
    EV Spread (SP.Def)
    Docile
    Rain Dance
    Water sport
    Surf
    Giga Drain

I start of useing Rain Dance so everyturn it would heal him. And attack with Giga Drain. Then when I have full hp I would use water sport to lower fire attacks. and if they switch to a fire I would use surf. So then my only weakness would be electrick. But Ludicolo has somewhat of a good sp. Def of 237. (note both ludicolo and cacturn holds leftovers)
    If Ludicolo and cacturn faints then I would use my Ninjask,lv.100!!!

Ninjask@Scope Lence
    EV Spread (Def/speed)
    Brave
    Slash
    Harden
    Swords Dance
    Agility

With tip top speed of 356 and a speed boost ability to raise speed each turn. I start of with lots of harden. So it can take a hit with poor defence of 135. After he's maxed harden I would use Double team mix in with Harden. So he can evade attacks and most of the attacks would miss. To make it more impossible I use Flash to lower accuracy! While making my Ninjask hold Scopelence to raise crtitical hit I use Slash also with hige critical hit raito. My Ninjask is unstopoble. Unless they use lock on...and then one hit knock out...

MR. MIME@Chesto Berry
    EV Spread (HP(MR.MIME have low base HP...))
    Impish
    Substitute
    Rest
    Recycle
    Psychic

Then if he's down I would use my secret wepon!!! My girl MR. MIME who I nicknamed MRS. MIME also lv.100 and holding Chesto berry. I start of useing Substitute witch makes a Substitute with 25% of my MRS. MIME total HP of 282. Then I would heal my HP with rest (while behind Substitute) And wake up with Chesto berry to attack next turn. Then I use Recycle to get my Chesto Berry back. And start all over if they break my Substitute. Substitute then rest, wake up with chesto berry and attack. Then recycle and start all over again. Simple as that.:cool: And She gos down then I sent out Gengar.

Gengar@White Herb
    EV Spread (Speed)
    Sassy
    Hypnosis
    Dream Eater
    Night Shade
    Confuse Ray

I use hypnosis then dream eater then confuse ray and attack with night shade. If he's down I'm ganna have to resort to my best pokemon ever...

Smeargle@Lax Incense
    EV Spread (HP/DEF)
    Naive
    Lock on
    Guillotine
    Horn Drill
    Metranome

My Smeargle holding Lax Incense to lower foes accuracy. My smeargle can take a few hits. First I would use Lock on. Then eather Guillotine or Horn Drill, both 1 hit ko moves. and with lock on it'll never miss. If I'm tired of winning:tired: I would mix the battle up with Metronome. With this team I am hard to beat!!!
    Well what do you think of my team? (Note all pokemon are lv.100)

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
  • ~*^*~~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~~*^*~

pikachugirl, again, don't make comments like that because they aren't helpful at all.

3DMC, I can't read your team at all. Please post in the following, SIMPLE format:

Pokémon @ Item
    -Move 1
    -Move 2
    -Move 3
    -Move 4

Thank you.

~*^*~~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~~*^*~

Mullet

Banned
    Years
  • That is a huge tl;dr.

Please post your Pokemon in this format;

Pokemon @ [hold item]
    EV Spread (if you EV trained it)
    Nature
    - Move 1
    - Move 2
    - Move 3
    - Move 4

That would help a lot. ^.^

Edit: AB beat me too it. =(

electricgrass

I'm a prodigy in progress
    Years
  • Cacturn@Leftover

Calm
    needle arm
    Leech seed
    fainnt attack
    t-punch

First I start of with Cacturn lv.100. One the first round I use Ingrain. Then next turn I use Leech Seed and then next I would attack with Absorb to keep my Cacturn with most of its HP. With hp of 297 and somewhat of good defence of 200 it's hard to take this pokemon down. And if Cacturn Faints I sent out Ludicolo. lol

Ludicolo@Leftovers
    EV Spread (SP.Def)
    Docile
    Rain Dance
    ice beam
    Surf
    Giga Drain/t-punch
    lol
    I start of useing Rain Dance so everyturn it would heal him. And attack with Giga Drain. Then when I have full hp I would use water sport to lower fire attacks. and if they switch to a fire I would use surf. So then my only weakness would be electrick. But Ludicolo has somewhat of a good sp. Def of 237. (note both ludicolo and cacturn holds leftovers)
    If Ludicolo and cacturn faints then I would use my Ninjask,lv.100!!!

Ninjask@Scope Lence
    EV Spread (Def/speed)
    jolly/admant
    silver wind/shadow ball
    baton pass
    Swords Dance
    protect/sub
    god no
    With tip top speed of 356 and a speed boost ability to raise speed each turn. I start of with lots of harden. So it can take a hit with poor defence of 135. After he's maxed harden I would use Double team mix in with Harden. So he can evade attacks and most of the attacks would miss. To make it more impossible I use Flash to lower accuracy! While making my Ninjask hold Scopelence to raise crtitical hit I use Slash also with hige critical hit raito. My Ninjask is unstopoble. Unless they use lock on...and then one hit knock out...

MR. MIME@Chesto Berry
    timid
    Substitute
    baton pass
    calm mind/t-bolt
    Psychic
    NOOOO
    Then if he's down I would use my secret wepon!!! My girl MR. MIME who I nicknamed MRS. MIME also lv.100 and holding Chesto berry. I start of useing Substitute witch makes a Substitute with 25% of my MRS. MIME total HP of 282. Then I would heal my HP with rest (while behind Substitute) And wake up with Chesto berry to attack next turn. Then I use Recycle to get my Chesto Berry back. And start all over if they break my Substitute. Substitute then rest, wake up with chesto berry and attack. Then recycle and start all over again. Simple as that.:cool: And She gos down then I sent out Gengar.

Gengar@leftovers
    EV Spread (Speed)
    hasty
    Hypnosis
    t-bolt
    ice punch
    explosion

I use hypnosis then dream eater then confuse ray and attack with night shade. If he's down I'm ganna have to resort to my best pokemon ever...

Smeargle@Lax Incense
    EV Spread (HP/DEF)
    Naive
    spore
    mean look
    belly drum
    baaton pass

My Smeargle holding Lax Incense to lower foes accuracy. My smeargle can take a few hits. First I would use Lock on. Then eather Guillotine or Horn Drill, both 1 hit ko moves. and with lock on it'll never miss. If I'm tired of winning:tired: I would mix the battle up with Metronome. With this team I am hard to beat!!!
    Well what do you think of my team? (Note all pokemon are lv.100)

1- it sucks, really bad so -100000/10
    2-your cacturne set is so pathetic
    3-ninjask can't take a hit anyway
    4-your smeargle is cheap and wrong
    5-you need serious help
    6-mr mime's nature is bad

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2006
    Jealous much are we? I bet you stand no chance against my team...

Years
  • Cacturn@Leftovers
    EV Spread (Defence)
    Calm
    Ingrain
    Leech seed
    Absorbe
    Niddle Arm

Ingrain sucks on anything that is a non-baton pass team, it keeps you from switching and basicly put a target on you that says: Heracross, Salamence, Flygon, Dugtrio kill me please!!!!!
    Absorb has insufficient attack so it wont damage anything.

Ludicolo@Leftovers
    EV Spread (SP.Def)
    Docile
    Rain Dance
    Water sport
    Surf
    Giga Drain

ONLY USE SWIFT SWIM!!! Rain Dish can heal you but not a suffcient amount compared to killing off whats in your face because of your doubled speed

Water sport is worth any thing, use Ice Beam and drop giga drain for leech seed.

Ninjask@Scope Lence
    EV Spread (Def/speed)
    Brave
    Baton pass
    Substitute
    Swords Dance
    Sliver Wind

You just abused one of the greatest baton passers of all time O.O
    Baton Pass if you are to use it...

MR. MIME@Chesto Berry
    Impish
    Substitute
    Baton Pass
    Calm Mind
    Psychic

Again you abuse a great Baton passser

Gengar@White Herb
    EV Spread (Speed)
    Sassy
    Substitute
    Focus Punch
    Thunderbolt
    Ice Punch

Again abusing a great poke, many have fear of McGar

Smeargle@Lax Incense
    EV Spread (HP/DEF)
    Naive
    Lock on
    Guillotine
    Horn Drill
    Mean Look
    Anyone can see this coming a mile away, skarm owns this, actually even sub skarm can rape it Lol

Your team is way too fagile with no Walls or tanks, and nothing with a good HP either so Common sweepers are ROTFLMAO'ing at this

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Although electricgrass could have said it more constructively, your team really is badly put together and has way too many weaknesses to stand up against someone familiar with the game. The main problem is that the designers made the AI quite pathetic so that a 6-year old could learn to beat it. Unlike most games, Pokemon has always lacked some kind of difficulty setting. The end result is a bunch of unexperienced trainers putting together bad teams, yet believing they are good because they can beat the pathetic AI.

Let's take your first Poke for example. You have Cacturn and the first move you use is Ingrain. That move right there has insured that Cacturn is going to get creamed. With non-supporting moves of Leech Seed, Absorb(???), and Needle Arm(???), and considering the fact that moves good trainers start off with a Poke that knows a Flying or Ice move and is always faster than Cacturn (base 55 Spd is bad), your Poke will faint before it can even use Leech Seed, in fact it will probably go down in a OHKO to the likes of Aerodactyl, Salamence, or Gengar, or even bulky Waters with Ice Beam like Milotic or Swampert.

Your other Pokes suffer the same bad strategy. Here are some tips that you really should follow:

- NEVER give the same Poke more than one attacking move of the same type. It is redundant and only limits the effectiveness of your Poke. You want your Poke to be able to cover as many weaknesses as possible. That is why Swampert typically has Ice Beam, which covers its only weakness, and it can do good damage against a Grass-type your opponent might switch in. The exceptions are: Quick Attack, Extremespeed, or Mach Punch.

- NEVER give your Poke crappy two-turn moves like Hyper Beam or Sky Attack. Despite the fact that they have a higher AP than other moves, the fact that you miss an entire turn is what ruins them. For example, Hyper Beam is 150 AP, but you are stuck for a full second turn where you cannot switch out, allowing your opponent a free shot at you. On the other hand, Return is 102 AP, and can attack two times, which actually causes more damage than what Hyper Beam would have done.

- NEVER use crappy moves like Lock On. The turn it takes for you do that move, your opponent will simply switch out to another Poke (something the pathetic AI rarely does), ruining not only your strategy, but your turn. Lock On + Guillotine is a two-turn move. Avoid it. Use a strong attack that can attack two times and faint your opponent's Poke anyway.

- NEVER try to cover weaker stats with EV training. That is bad strategy. EV training is used to maximize a Poke's strength, not try to cover its weakness. Your hard work will almost never make a difference. One of the few exceptions is Blissey, but that is due to its incredibly high HP.

- NEVER construct a team where half of it is weak to the same type. A Flying move rips through your first three Pokes without any problems whatsoever. That leaves you with a Psychic and Ghost and a Smeargle with a horrible moveset. All three are weak defensively (65, 60, and 35 base Def, respectively), meaning that Flying move could rip through them as well. So, essentially one Salamence or Aerodactyl, or even Zapdos could destroy your entire team with ease and you don't have a single move to counter them.

Hopefully now you can see the HUGE difference between battling the AI, which typically rolls over for you and has a team full of the same weaknesses, and battling another person, who will have movesets that limit weaknesses and will switch out immediately to a different Poke that can take advantage of your many weaknesses.

Now, if you only battle the AI and you like your team, that is fine. Continue to use them. That is your decision. Please understand though that when DP comes out and you are able to battle others over WiFi, you are in for an incredible beating if you try to apply the tactics you use against the AI against someone else. You will lose and it will not be pretty at all. I promise.

I implore you to take some time and read the sticky threads at the top of the page to gain a better understanding of what good strategy is. It will only make you a better trainer and you will be more prepared if you ever take advantage of the WiFi ability of the DS. Good luck.

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2006
    At least your post is better then electricgrass. Thanks for the tips. If I follow thses tips I will be the gratest pokemon master!!!

Back