• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Can there be any more types?

Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Mar 26, 2013
    theres only one new type i could ever think of and thats dinosours, i think that with R/S they should have made a new type like in G/S when they introduced steel and dark.
    Can anyone else think of a possible new type for Pearl and Diamond or do you think it should be left the way it is?

Natsuki

.bluefang.
    Years
    Hmmmmm...I'm not 100% sure about this, but seeing as you're mainly talking about new types for the video games, this would then see more fit in General Games Discussion. ^o^ I'll move it over there for ya. ^^

*moves*

~Kelsey

MegaDitto

Windsor ™
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2013
    Yami_Zidane said:
    theres only one new type i could ever think of and thats dinosours, i think that with R/S they should have made a new type like in G/S when they introduced steel and dark.
    Can anyone else think of a possible new type for Pearl and Diamond or do you think it should be left the way it is?
    Yeah. Light
    Wind.Different from flying.
    Dirt.
    I can't guess anything. :\

Murpheos

Fists of Flame!
    Years
    My pitch: Cosmic. When Deoxys came, it brought with it a new virus that created new Pokemon fro space, or something like that.

schmitzgirly94

Years
    A lot of people have been expecting a 'light type'.
    It sounds pretty cool. And cosmic would've been awesome.
    Nintendo needs...more aattention. Well, like being
    on Cartoon Network (near impossible) to get it more media
    so it can keep its 'attracted kids'.

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2013
    The two types I thought up were Prehistoric (ancient power?) and Energy (hyper beam) type.

Joveeno

Far Away Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    Probably the "Light" type to withstand the Dark ones. But that'll just ruin the type advantage chain. Maybe they'll add Digital type or Cosmic type or something like that. Or they'll just give more ???? type.

Years
    Oh yeah, a whole bunch! XD

Wood-type
    Virtual-type
    Light-type
    Robot-type
    Sand-type
    Space-type
    Acid-type (why doesn't Acid affect Lairon? someone didn't study their chemistry...)
    Sound-type
    Glass-type
    Sharp-type

More realistically, most of these new types would cause some harsh balancing issues. It just wouldn't justify the misbalance to have these extra types; things would come out unstoppable or just plain useless. (I still cheer for Wood-type! XD)

MewthreeXL

Ascended Mewtwo
    Years
    Acid doesn't affect Lairon because it's part Steel.

If you meant why it is part Steel type,it's because the Aron family eat metal,just like
    Larvitar eat rock earth.

Yumecosmos

Village Idiot (and proud!)
    Years
    Erm, I think he was saying that acid should affect steel, realistically speaking. I don't know much about chemistry (been three years since I took the class) so I can't say one way or another.

But, aren't the "sand" and "mud" types people have mentioned pretty much covered by ground type? And I think wood would be pretty much under grass type. Although I really think they should've called grass "plants" instead. It would cover more things that way without the need for another type.

I agree there should have been a light type. ^_^ Cause shiny things are fun!

Last edited:

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    They should keep it this way. Dark and Steel types where cool when they came out, but now I can't remember all the advantage chains :(

Back