• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that this section is for questions regarding the forum itself - it is not for fan game-related questions. If you have a question about a fan game, ask in the appropriate thread.

• Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question: Can we create Pokemon Battle Clans?

.LMG.

Yeah! Custom User Title!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2015
    well i was wondering because i think that would be cool.
    the idea is to have teams that include 2-4 people in them. and have battles tournaments for ranks. soo yeah i just want to know

Years
    • Age 29
    • he/him/his
    • Seen Feb 8, 2024
    I very distinctly remember the abolishment of clans as they attract spam and very little of anything else. In other words, if this is a question, then no they're spam pits. And if it's a suggestion then I guess the same answer applies.

engage'

a new horizon
    Years
    The solution to the spam is simple - ban the spammers.
    I think it would be a fun idea! I've never seen a tournament of Pokemon clans before. ;D

PokeMartCorp, PM a moderator or administrator for an answer. :>

Melody

Banned
    Years
    I have to agree with everybody....I've dealt with such Pokemon clans on IRC. They're very spammy, and full of flaming, and all sorts of other things that's against PC's rules, so don't even bother with this idea, it's a terrible one.

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    Well I moderated the Trade/Battle section at the time we abolished clans. It wasn't a one day decision either. Jake, the other moderators at the time, and I gave them a trial period to see if they would improve before abolishing them. We also made it a rule that you had to get Moderator permission to create a clan (similar to how tournaments work now).

However, they only got worse. The spam was out of control and no amount of infractions/bans seemed to change that. So we closed all active clans and made it so clans weren't allowed anymore. There was some anger for a while but eventually it went away and the trade forum is the way it is now.

Basically, they're too spammy and too much work for the staff.

Back