• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Can you convert rpg maker xp/vx game to be an online game?

dancingonlandmines

Hanging on a moment with you.
Years
  • I am currently researching ways to make a facebook mmo and, first things first I have to be able to get a game on the internet. I am used to using rmxp to make my games however, I would like to know if there is a way to get one of those games to be played online.

Years
  • Yes there is. Somewhere here on PC there is an online game starter kit for RMXP I am fairly sure. However if you want to make a game for Facebook, RMXP won't help you much. All of the games on Facebook are in flash.

dancingonlandmines

Hanging on a moment with you.
    Years
  • Thank you.

And not necessarily, I was reading the requirements and whatnot, and it just has to be online (facebook doesn't host them) and written in a specific language, one of the options was Ruby, which is what RMXP uses.

However, I might be wrong, I'm not as smart as I sound when it comes to theses things ^_^"

thepsynergist

Vinemon: Sauce Edition Programmer and Composer
    Years
  • RPG Maker uses a derivative of Ruby known as RGSS. Its a form of Ruby specially made for making games. I don't know if Facebook uses only the generic form of Ruby or not, maybe it doesn't matter.

Poeman

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Nov 1, 2012
    It won't work trust me, you don't even seem to know enough about ruby to know if it would work so that should have been your first hint.

Secondly, RGSS is based off a lot of window functions which limits your audience if it could even work.

Lastly, you can't run an EXE in the browser.

Back