• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Can you rate my team?

olih

Who says you can't go home?
Years
  • I was training my Platinum team to be a competitive/strategic team. I was wondering if anyone could make any suggestions. I mainly need another move for Torterra. Thanks!
    Actually, I haven't evolved some of these Pokemon yet. I'm still training for them to get some of their moves. That's why I listed their final forms before, because that's what they're eventually going to be. I'm going to put what Pokemon they are now, though. And I didn't put some of your suggestions up because I still need to change the movesets. As soon as I change some of the moves I want, I'll try to update it.

Can you rate my team?
    Thunder, Grass Knot, Rain Dance, Toxic
    @ Damp Rock
    Ability: Static
    lvl 33
    Quiet Nature
    I wanted Pikachu to be my main striker, because it has pretty high speed, and has powerful attacks.
    HP: Attack: 38
    Defense: 38
    Sp. Attk: 49
    Sp. Def: 34
    Speed: 65

Can you rate my team?
    Psychic, Psycho Shift, Silver Wind, Fly
    @ Toxic Orb
    Ability: Early Bird
    lvl 37
    Gentle Nature
    This guy will be my Special Attacker. Also holding the Toxic Orb because then I can use Psycho Shift to Poison the other Pokemon.
    HP: 106
    Attack: 71
    Defense: 57
    Sp. Attk: 85
    Sp. Def: 75
    Speed: 83

Can you rate my team?
    Slash, Faint Attack, Protect, Facade
    @ Toxic Orb
    Ability: Guts
    lvl 34
    Hardu Nature
    With Guts, Toxic Orb, and Facade, I have a pretty good strategy worked out, especially since Ursaring has high Attack anyways.
    HP: 107
    Attack: 96
    Defense: 63
    Sp. Attk: 57
    Sp. Def: 66
    Speed: 49

Can you rate my team?
    Bite, Giga Drain, Razor Leaf
    @ Focus Sash
    Ability: Overgrow
    lvl 26
    Careful Nature
    With the Focus Sash, I hope to have Grotle to be able to withstand powerful attacks like Hyper Beam. The idea is to restore Grotle's HP to full with Giga Drain, then Focus Sash will let it withstand Hyper Beam.
    HP:79
    Attack: 53
    Defense: 55
    Sp. Attk: 35
    Sp. Def: 50
    Speed: 33

Can you rate my team?
    Surf, Slam, Mud Bomb, Amnesia
    @ Expert Belt
    Ability: Water Absorb
    lvl 30
    Adamant Nature
    Quagsire is an attack soaker. Water Absorb might help with some attacks, but I also have Amnesia to back it up a little. It still has some attacking moves, but I'm probably not as concerned with strategic movesets as I am with others, like Pikachu.
    HP: 103
    Attack: 67
    Defense: 59
    Sp. Attk: 41
    Sp. Def: 45
    Speed: 26

Can you rate my team?
    Sunny Day, Flamethrower, Flame Wheel, Dig
    @ Charcoal
    Ability: Blaze
    lvl 28
    Timid Nature
    I had to have a Fire Type (I just had to), so here it is. Quilava to counter the 4x weakness Quagsire has against Grass, and also Fire Types are effective sweepers in my experience.
    HP: 73
    Attack: 38
    Defense: 41
    Sp. Attk: 53
    Sp. Def: 50
    Speed: 63

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2012
    you need to move this to the competitive forum as this is just in game but id give Torterra earthquake

Valarauca

I > U for all real values of U
    Years
  • Ok a few things you will need to get a team rate.

Natures
    EV's

Secondly when it comes to a team rate we like to see some creativity and explanation

for example:

A nice sprite, you don't have to but it looks nice.
    Pokemon 1 @ Item holding
    Nature w/ SpA 252/ Sp 252 / HP 6
    - Move 1
    - Move 2
    - Move 3
    - Move 4
    Comments: Why am I using him. Why I like him. Why I use that item. What he counters. Ect.

Most likely this will get locked not moved. I hope you can learn from this post on how to do a better team rate :D

Rate: :-\ (at a glance)

Your running two different types of weather, each weather is actually really only helping two pokemon on your team. Generally if your aiming to use a weather you want it to benefit your entire team, and weather teams really only have limited success at best. And thats using them with abilities like swift swim, or using sandstorm to grind down speedy sweepers against walls. Secondly all your pokemon are out classed by other pokemon who do the same jobs your current pokemon do but with more speed and attack power.

Last edited:

jab2033

Exit Light, Enter Night
    Years
  • you need to move this to the competitive forum as this is just in game but id give Torterra earthquake

This can't be rated in competitive standards because he doesn't have the EVs and Natures listed.

I'll see what I can do with your movesets, though. My coments will be in BOLD:

Raichu:
    Thunder/Thunderbolt, Nasty Plot, Rain Dance/Hidden Power Ice, Focus Blast/Substitute
    Holding Damp Rock

Thunder + Rain Dance isn't a bad combo, but Thunderbolt + Hidden Power Ice gets excellent Super Effective coverage. Consider Substitute as it can help Raichu get off a Nasty Plot. Keep in mind you have to breed a Pichu to get Nasty Plot.

Xatu:
    Psychic, Calm Mind, Roost/Wish, Air Cutter*
    Holding Toxic Orb
    Calm Mind boosts your SpAtk, with Roost or Wish for recovery. Wish might be more effective in keeping your other pokemon healthy. Air Cutter is a secondary STAB move.

*Battle Frontier Move Tutor

Ursaring:
    Swords Dance, Faint Attack, Fire Punch*, Facade
    Holding Flame Orb
    Not too bad, but I'd suggest the Toxic Orb instead. If you do Wish on Xatu, Wish can help keep Ursaring alive longer. You don't want the burn from the Flame Orb to decrease your Atk stat. Fire Punch hits Steel Types that otherwise wall this set.

*Battle Frontier Move Tutor

Torterra:
    Wood Hammer*, Earthquake, Synthesis, Leech Seed/Stealth Rock
    Holding Focus Sash
    Stealth Rock is always helpful in competitve battles. Wood Hammer and Earthquake are your best STAB moves, and Synthesis is instant recovery. Put Torterra in your lead position so that you can get off SR as quick as possible.

*Pastoria City move tutor. Requires Heart Scale

Quagsire:
    Waterfall, Earthquake, Toxic, Ice Punch**/Recover*
    Holding Expert Belt

*Must Breed
    **Battle Frontier Move Tutor

Quagsire makes a much better physical attacker or support pokemon. Toxic spreads status, while Earthquake and Waterfall are your best STAB moves. Ice Punch hits grass types and Recover heals.

Typhlosion:
    Sunny Day, Flamethrower, Solarbeam, Focus Blast
    Holding Heat Rock

Solarbeam + Sunny Day means Solarbeam doesn't need to charge. Focus Blast is better than Dig, as Earthquake is extremely popular and does double damage if the pokemon is underground. Heat Rock to increase Sunny Day's active duration.

Hope that helped. Again, to make this a truly competitive team, list the Natures and EVs of your pokemon.

Valaruca gave some info on that. Smogon also has decent articles to look through.

olih

Who says you can't go home?
    Years
  • Wow, it looks a lot nicer now!

Ok a few things you will need to get a team rate.

Natures
    EV's

Secondly when it comes to a team rate we like to see some creativity and explanation

for example:

A nice sprite, you don't have to but it looks nice.
    Pokemon 1 @ Item holding
    Nature w/ SpA 252/ Sp 252 / HP 6
    - Move 1
    - Move 2
    - Move 3
    - Move 4
    Comments: Why am I using him. Why I like him. Why I use that item. What he counters. Ect.

Most likely this will get locked not moved. I hope you can learn from this post on how to do a better team rate :D

Rate: :-\ (at a glance)

Your running two different types of weather, each weather is actually really only helping two pokemon on your team. Generally if your aiming to use a weather you want it to benefit your entire team, and weather teams really only have limited success at best. And thats using them with abilities like swift swim, or using sandstorm to grind down speedy sweepers against walls. Secondly all your pokemon are out classed by other pokemon who do the same jobs your current pokemon do but with more speed and attack power.

Thanks for the suggestions. If there's anything else I should add, just tell me.

Back