• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Can you trade Pokemon from Emerald over to LeafGreen and vice versa?

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2008
    And if so do you need two GBA SPs and a GBA Link Cable to do it? Or could you do this with two DS Lites and a GBA Adaptor?

Last edited:
    Years
    It will but you will need a trading cable that can fit in the Gameboy Micro and the other hand held system (i.e. Gameboy Advance and Gameboy Advance SP).

Goldie

Trainer from the Boonies
    Years
    Won't work with any DS. In order to connect the Game Boy micro with a Game Boy Advance or Game Boy Advance SP, the Game Boy micro Link Cable Converter is required.

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2008
    Won't work with any DS. In order to connect the Game Boy micro with a Game Boy Advance or Game Boy Advance SP, the Game Boy micro Link Cable Converter is required.

I was thinking about buying two Game Boy Micros and a GBA Adaptor.

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    Yes, you can, but you need the 2 GBA wireless cable link. Not the cord ones.

Mr. Pokemon

Still rockin' the DS Phat
    Years
    Yes you can trade from Emerald to LeafGreen and vice versa. You just need to the get the Ruby and Sapphire Plates I believe they are called on the Sevii Islands in LeafGreen (or FireRed) and you can trade between the two games.

You just need a Link Cable compatible with your Game Boy units (you'll need some different cables if you have a GB Micro or are planning to buy a pair). You can also use a Wireless Adapter, the normal one packaged with LG/FR is not compatible with the GB Micro and it requires a different one (but both versions are compatible with one another).

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2008
    Yes you can trade from Emerald to LeafGreen and vice versa. You just need to the get the Ruby and Sapphire Plates I believe they are called on the Sevii Islands in LeafGreen (or FireRed) and you can trade between the two games.

You just need a Link Cable compatible with your Game Boy units (you'll need some different cables if you have a GB Micro or are planning to buy a pair). You can also use a Wireless Adapter, the normal one packaged with LG/FR is not compatible with the GB Micro and it requires a different one (but both versions are compatible with one another).

Good because I wanna beat Emerald with Treecko, Torchic, Mudkip, Bubasaur, Charmander and Squirtle.

Electric

Kanto Champion;Battling Ranger
    Years
    Good because I wanna beat Emerald with Treecko, Torchic, Mudkip, Bubasaur, Charmander and Squirtle.

You'll need to have completed emerald and leafgreen before you can do this.

Why you ask?, Because you need the national dex's, although it will work with R/S

Years
    All you need is two GBAs(Can be GBA SP[1 or both] as well.) and a GBA link cable. You need to find both the ruby and sapphire plate in LG and get the National Dex in Emerald. Then you should be able to trade. Just so you know, to be able to look for those plates, you need to have caught 60 pokemon in your LG and talk to Prof.Oak.

Back