• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that this section is for questions regarding the forum itself - it is not for fan game-related questions. If you have a question about a fan game, ask in the appropriate thread.

• Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Issue: Cannot connect to PokeCommunity Chat

Moltres Rider

Banned
    Years
    I have been unable to connect to the PokeCommunity Chat in over a month!!(more like two)... it seems as if the chat is no longer there, and if I manually put in #thepokecommunity at a irc chat website, I am always the only one there!!! it doesn't work through this and typing #thepokecommunity manually makes me the only one on the chat!!! please tell me what is going on with this chat!!!!

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    The chat is there. Why don't you try going step-by-step through the Mibbit instructions that are in the chat information thread, and if it still doesn't work, come back and post exactly what you did, step by step? The chat has been there this entire time so it's either a problem on your computer or a problem with how you're inputting the information.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    I don't know if something is up with PC's own chat client (in which case you'd just have to use a different one), the server works just fine for me. Try to use another IRC client, the simplest one I know is Mibbit which is online. Just make an account there. Upon logging in you will be redirected to a screen where you have to fill in a username and a channel name (#thepokecommunity in this case). At the top of that screen you click 'server' and fill in the server name (irc.systemnet.info). This should work for you, I think. Good luck!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Feb 1, 2016
    My account just disconnected from #thepokecommunity and #cuteclub automatically. Mibbit have some problems. And when I today connected to #cuteclub, server took my OP's away. So it's weird.

moments.

quixotic
    Years
    PC's chat client works fine, as that's the one I have been using.

Make sure you have java installed is another possibility, although perhaps unlikely?

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2022
    I'm able to get in the chat properly (though people don't chat in there much).

You need the latest java (jre) installed on your system.

When you open chat, a popup will appear asking that do you trust this publisher and want to run java? Click yes.

Then another popup will appear saying that do you want to block the unsafe code? Click no on that.

That should do it. Which web browser you using?

Back