• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Cant beat the classics

Bam

Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2005
    OK, do you agree with me that you can not beat the classics when it comes to the original Pokemon TV series. You know what im talking about? #1-150! I need your opinion to see if you can or can not beat the classics!

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2021
    Yeah man I feel the same way. I'm not the biggest fan of the show but the old episodes (Indigo Leage/Orange Islands) are the best :classic:

Bam

Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2005
    ya.....even though i dont know what your talking about! lol

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    The classics definitely can't be beat. As much as Ash has grown, he was waaay more entertaining in the original Kanto saga.

Bam

Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2005
    LOL i still remember the first episode where ash gets his pikachu. it zapped him and he was all steaming and stuff. that was great. i also remember when he caught a pidgey....good times........like 5 years ago lol

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2021
    Bam said:
    ya.....even though i dont know what your talking about! lol
    Indigo League is the original set in Kanto, like in Red/Blue/Yellow

Orange League is not found in any game, it was an area with 4 gym leaders, and to get a badge Ash had to complete events, like using Pokemon to race down a hill, stuff like that.

Man, it's been awhile since I've seen those.

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
  • Yup, nothing like ol' Kanto. The things I liked about Kanto
    Brock's crush in Bulbasaur and the Hidden Village: he was very embarrassed about it and whever Misty or Ash would mention Melanie and his crush, he'd nearly wack them with a mallet. It was so cute. Now all he does is just randomly walk up to them and try to flirt.
    Team Rocket: mainly James, he sounded much less "gay" and I liked that about him. Meowth also sounded much better. And their Pokemon in that season were awesome!
    The gymleader/filler deal: Okay, so now we have like 15 epis in between the gyms and even with the Battle Frontier. But back then, there was only one episode in between Brock's gym and Misty's gym. Then there was at least six episodes in between Cerulean City and Vermillion. The fillers then were exciting and new.
    Ash's intellegence: nuff said, stupid trainers = funny seasons
    Misty's personality: mallets, constant yelling and not letting people walk all over her. Of course this changed once she got the "Bad Egg"
    The banned episodes: three in one season, now THAT'S a record!
    There is so much more about Kanto that not even Johto can compare. Simply, that's why Kanto's the best. And the animation was pretty darn good.

Himawarii

LOOOONGITUDE
    Years
  • I remember seeing the first eppy of the anime.I loved that.the best part was infact all the animation.And like CC said,the gym battles were never too far.Now,it take sthem about a decade to reach a gym XDD

Years
  • Actually, I think the Hoenn ones have been funniest and had the best animation. There were very few of the old ones that had great animation... The only one with great animationm that I remember was the one where Drowzee had hypnotised all the Pokemon on the island in the machine in that Orange Island episode. The animation was great in that one. But I find I'm having more laughs with the newer episodes, and after seeing repeats of other episodes during the Orange Islands... The Hoenn ones have better animation...

Kenta

OK! Kanpeki!
    Years
  • Kanto-awesome classics, many banned eppys of fun^^
    Orange Islands-best filler arc ever
    Johto-Master Quest was best season. Raikou Special best special(Japanese)
    Houen-pretty decent. Ash more mature. fillers reasonable

DR.MUNCHLAX

Just passing by.
    Years
  • Bam said:
    OK, do you agree with me that you can not beat the classics when it comes to the original Pokemon TV series. You know what im talking about? #1-150! I need your opinion to see if you can or can not beat the classics!

I agree with that 100% For me the first two seasons were the best.

Ari-chan

hypnotizing
    Years
  • Crystal Clair said:
    Yup, nothing like ol' Kanto. The things I liked about Kanto
    Brock's crush in Bulbasaur and the Hidden Village: he was very embarrassed about it and whever Misty or Ash would mention Melanie and his crush, he'd nearly wack them with a mallet. It was so cute. Now all he does is just randomly walk up to them and try to flirt.
    Team Rocket: mainly James, he sounded much less "gay" and I liked that about him. Meowth also sounded much better. And their Pokemon in that season were awesome!
    The gymleader/filler deal: Okay, so now we have like 15 epis in between the gyms and even with the Battle Frontier. But back then, there was only one episode in between Brock's gym and Misty's gym. Then there was at least six episodes in between Cerulean City and Vermillion. The fillers then were exciting and new.
    Ash's intellegence: nuff said, stupid trainers = funny seasons
    Misty's personality: mallets, constant yelling and not letting people walk all over her. Of course this changed once she got the "Bad Egg"
    The banned episodes: three in one season, now THAT'S a record!
    There is so much more about Kanto that not even Johto can compare. Simply, that's why Kanto's the best. And the animation was pretty darn good.

^ agreed with in every possible way.:D

Plus:
    Team Rocket: I would like to add that they also seemed alot less screwy, and more focased (even though I thought they were silly for just wanting Pikachu). In other words, they seemed more evil then.

Gags: While AG and Johto had it's very funny moments, Kanto was alot more free with it jokes and gags, and I laughed alot more then than I do now. Ash is not as funny now that he has matured, I don't get to laugh at his stupid moments as much anymore. Now most of the funny scenes come from Team Rocket and May/Max.

Now that I think about, is it just me or does AG focus more on May, then it does on Ash?

You just can't the classics IMO. Kanto will Always be my favorite.;)

Years
  • waaaaah~ I hit the wrong button.

Anyway, I have to agree.
    • The plots of the episodes seemed more fresh (I mean, after 300some episodes, it gets old really fast).
    • The characters were more fun back then, I think.
    • The old animation was fun, I thought.
    • Kanto Pok?mon are the best.

I'll edit if I remember anything else I wanted to add ^^;

Miss Reyna

Happiness~
    Years
  • The olds are better. It just seems so new back then. Now it just paste some pokemon here and some problem here and tada!! New eps!!

To me they have more meaning. Now... Just stay to watch the gym battles and Contests.

tyrant_078

Teh Ultimate Being!!!!1111
    Years
  • Sieki: Very original with plenty of humor and great plotlines in most of the episodes. What's there not to like?

Orenjii: Good filler arc, though no where near as enjoyable as Sieki.

Jouto: Though some of the episodes were boring, it was okay for the most part.

Houen: Meh. I'm not that much of a fan. However, there were a few episodes that I did indeed find very amusing.

Last edited:
    Back