• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Can't break me, won't shake me. [OOC]

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
Well, it's the weekend, so Ima be gone. If my turn to post comes up and I'm not back yet(you'll know, the first thing I'd do is get on PC and tell you I was back for the week :3) then skip me.
I should be back around Sunday evening, or sometime around then.

EDIT: Wait, nevermind, mi madre es letting me use teh portable hotspot for the weekend, SO INTERNET ALL WEEKEND BABY!

Last edited:

MichaelaTheUchiha

Forever Shawol and Aileean
Years
Yeah, I won't appear for most of Saturday as well; I have a black belt test at Tae Kwon Do and those take FOREVER.

Is it my turn? I shall get posting straight away!

Nakuzami

Years
Yeah, I won't appear for most of Saturday as well; I have a black belt test at Tae Kwon Do and those take FOREVER.

Is it my turn? I shall get posting straight away!

OMG, Nightmare and Terror HAVE to battle.
That would be soooo epic :3
Especially if Nightmare's ego was shattered when he lost :D

ohHeyVaporeon.

You just can't shake me.
Years
Well this is my first time on all day... ^^

I was asleep most of the day (lazy, I know) and then I went to my old high school's football game (which we lost). So... Rough night. Blah!

Nakuzami

Years
PFFFT, YEAH RIGHT. Nightmare's ego will never shatter. NEVER.

"I CAN BEAT MEW, I CAN BEAT ANYTHING!"
*Loses to regular Gengar*
"WTF? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" *Gets drunk and questions skills for rest of life*

No, but seriously, they HAVE to battle.
I would love to see Terror win both because that would mean I, I mean Nel, would also win, but because it would help Nightmare's character...(Yeah, I just want to win, but it could help his character :D) He could show up on the battlefield drunk/too cocky and BOOM! Shadow Ball. TO DA FACE.
Who's turn is it to post?

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years
Alex's, if memory serves.

Though, I wonder where our eighth person is~? Looks like he was on yesterday, but...

Scarf Blade

Ok, what did I do now?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 6, 2012
Don't forget that one of two Pokemon may win the battle, the war won't be over :p

as for who should win, right now I think that Adam Miharu Nubia Cornelius Wait, I'm not doing this right &$^#&$*#^@$(#&@^%#!!!!!! maybe it should just be decided now what the winning results will be. I mean, it's going to be difficult finding a method to decide who will be champion, much less who gets to win each round. So maybe the best option is to just see a winning roster and be adult about the result? Maybe just throw names into a hat and get it over with XD

I don't know. It might just be me, but just because you know you won't be the winner doesn't mean that you can't have fun with it, right? (... though I suppose it would irk me now to be told that I'm the one in 8th or something; not because I'd be in last place, but because I'd get the feeling someone went "You want to be adult with it? Here, have 8th and deal! lololololololol" to test me. But in my defense, that would tick anyone off. irony, ammirite? XD)

ohHeyVaporeon.

You just can't shake me.
Years
It's Snow Phoenix's turn at the moment. He informed me that he was tutoring people today, however, so he might not have his post up soon. Also, I wrote on Alex's wall... And he ignored me. He might not have had time to write back, and that is fine, but if it gets to be his turn and I have not heard from him, I will be forced to drop him and (hopefully) find another eighth person.

MichaelaTheUchiha

Forever Shawol and Aileean
Years
He has been beaten after the Mew thing, lol. Don't worry about that. And it won't change his character, believe me. IT WON'T. (I'm stealing Nightmare from a fanfiction, so I know). xD

Also, I think I mentioned this earlier, but I'm going on a trip and as such, I will not be able to post on Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. Most likely. For sure, Thursday and Monday.

ohHeyVaporeon.

You just can't shake me.
Years
Yes, I meant Adam. My apologies. XD

I am sorry for my disappearance; I went to spend the night with a friend, and she kept me longer than I anticipated (and without my computer). My apologies!

Has anyone heard from Snow Phoenix/Adam?

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years
Nope, I haven't heard from either :( I've seen Alex on but I haven't spoken with him or anything. And it looks like Adam hasn't been on since the 26th.

Legend

Kingslayer
Years
May as well give it a try.

Name: Leonard Argyle Radcliff
Nickname: Leon

Personality: Leon is the definition of an inflated ego. Ambitious, attention seeking, selfish and vain, Leon is a hard man to like but an easy one to admire. Goal-orientated, Leon aims high and never looks back stopping at nothing to accomplish what he desires. As such, Leon is stubborn to a fault, never accepting defeat. Having witnessed failure so few times, Leon has built up quite the ego, unnecessarily feeding it at any given time. He is a glory hog and a narcissist, reading his long list of accomplishments at inappropriate times. This captures the imagination of the weak minded, but would annoy the more aware. Leon loves reveling his accomplishments and his admirers more than anything in the world. Leon is notably fearless and brave to the point of stupidity, never backing away from a challenge or endeavor. To him, challenges are meant to be overcome and it is the only way one can test themselves. Leon is known to carry himself with a fairly easy going nature, until challenges or opportunities for success present themselves. It is then that he shifts to a more serious and intense tone, and his bottled up emotions rise to the surface.

As mentioned before, Leon is also selfish and vain, putting his priorities, desires and well being above others most of the time. He honestly sees himself as better than most people and as such he needs take paramount priority. As a result, Leon often ignores others to the point of being ignorant and borderline rude to others, completely oblivious to those less fortunate. You could say his vanity has blinded him to many of the world's problems, making him naive to a certain extent. Due to the need to put himself first, Leon is somewhat rebellious and insubordinate. Laws are inconvenient to Leon and he won't follow most of them unless he is compelled to do so. In groups, Leon rarely plays the second fiddle, opposing the so called leader at every turn. That being said, Leon is a terrible leader. He fails to inspire others and his own arrogance would destroy any sense of unity. He is aware of that much. His vanity does get the best of him at times as seen by the fact that he is overly conscious about his appearance and how people perceive him, disliking anyone hating him for reasons outside of his beauty or success. He does enjoy when people are green with envy.

Leon is guilty of being irresponsible and forgetful on top of being reckless. Leon is a man of action, leaping into situations with little regard of the outcome. It is not that is incapable of calculating the results of his actions but more than he does not care. One could call Leon an optimist as he assumes that everything will go well. One could call him a fool for causing more problems for everyone else. He rarely takes responsibility for his own actions, relying on his charm to get him out of trouble. Leon loves to improvise and take things at it comes, refusing to plan or discuss his future for long. He forgets important details frequently due to his short memory and desire to only retain information relating to himself or the things he cares about. Leon is also guilty of being temperamental, often exploding with angry when things don't go his way. This includes any sort of loss or setback. He rarely accepts a loss unless it was to be expected (such as if he fought someone who was past his level only to see where was at). He lacks patience and self control in these situations and well often resort to violence to mend them. Immaturity also gets the best of him at times and small bouts of insanity can occur, mostly in that he reacts to certain situations in ways most people don't.

Leon is a social butterfly, loving to interact with others regularly. Though many of these interactions are limited to him boasting, Leon is capable of intelligent conversation. A solid student in school, Leon is above average on the intelligence scale which would explain why his improvisations succeed more than most. Leon is talkative and active, constantly moving and meeting new people. Leon never shy away from attention and often jumps into them with a grin. Leon enjoys people and interaction and if someone genuinely interests him, he will hold back his ego to show a less superficial side to him. This does not mean that Leon has a golden heart, but instead that Leon is a genuinely friendly person whose high aspirations turn off many because of the way that he carries himself. Leon mostly notably has a soft spot for women, flirting with them with mixed results. He is guilty of going out of his way to impress them, often looking foolish in the process.

Appearance: Leon would consider himself a beautiful prince in an appearance and few people disagree. Aspiring to become a celebrity, Leon pays a great deal of attention to his looks and it reflects that. His skin has a healthy, natural tan and it has a fair texture with few impurities on any given spot. His face has youthful energy to it, aided by his deep blue and inviting eyes. While the eyes don't do the amazing sparkling effect, many women have been mesmerized by them at least enough to give the typical comments that men with blue eyes receive. Leon's cheeks are slightly rosy, giving him the appearance of a child. His square jawline, prominent nose bridge, and thinner than average lips give him a more masculine edge, which he is quite proud of. Leon's most noticeable trait, however, is his full, thick, luscious blonde hair. His hair is quite long and difficult to tame. While it lacks a distinct style preferring to fall into his face giving him an almost scruffy look to him, Leon takes good care of it using expensive hair care products to give it bounce and making it soft to the touch. He loves his hair so much that he is guilty of playing with it when bored.

Leon has been gifted with a superb body that keeps him from gaining too much weight and becoming completely unattractive. He is fairly tall for his age, clocking it around 5"11 with a healthy weight of around 160 pounds. Leon is thin, being overly conscious of his weight. While he is "healthy", Leon is guilty of constantly dieting, robbing his body of valuable nutrients. Therefore, he has little muscle development and appears almost frail at times (though he manages to be above average in athletics, being an exceptional runner).

Leon dresses in a manner fitting those who are conscious of their appearance. He is most often seen wearing dark casual or dress shirts, often in shades of blue or black, usually with a plain black undershirt. The shirts are usually plain with few designs, though pinstripes or medieval style designs occasionally spur up. He favors jeans that are the standard faded blue denim complete with a stonewashed accent given to them, supplying character and individuality. To keep his pants from having a date with the ground, Leon wears a black leather belt with a sliver buckle complete with the utility attachments to carry PokeBalls. Enjoy accessories, Leon has invested in several pieces of jewelry, including a silver chain necklace, a silver chain bracelet on his right hand and a fancy silver watch on his left hand.

History: Born and raised in Saffron City, Leon was fortunate to be born in a wealthy family who supported him along the way. An only child, Leon was basked in attention from his CEO of a father and his overly critical mother pushed him to succeed. Early on, Leon was thought success or bust and it was a lesson he took to heart. He made sure to always be dressed for success. He made sure to apply himself to every action he made. He made sure to take life seriously when it was important. Leon wanted nothing more than to be the best. Like no one ever was.

With this mentality drilled into his brain, school was a breeze and became a playground. Classes were rifled with opportunities to show off his scholastic knowledge. Sports oozed with chances to surpass his peers. Pokemon were living, breathing challenges to tame and utilize for his own desires. Early on, Leon succeeded and became obsessed with the idea of becoming a living legend. Conquering the league was the greatest challenge for him to accept. It was an obvious decision.

His early teenage years were nothing but the years setting Leon up for further glory and when valuable life lessons were taught. Leon continued to succeed in most fields he dared dabble in. He gained legions of fans in his experiments, though he gained few friends as few interested him. The growing obsession in becoming a legend blinded him to the outside world. It did not help that he saw everything as an obstacle, a distraction. Unnecessary distractions that were better off ignored. He studied hard, trained hard, worked hard. Leon lost himself along the way and began seeing people as tools for his improvement. People grew concerned and worried. Most people knew each other in his hometwon, and news of Leon's unhealthy obsession got around quickly. Leon's father knew what had to be done. He just waited for the right time.

It was when he was 16 and acquired his first Pokemon that he learned the value of losing, the value of experience and the value of caring. Up until then, Leon never experienced true failure. Everything was based on calculations or expectations. Upon acquiring a Pokemon and training it, Leon did everything by the book. He trained hard, healed his Pokemon, possibly scolded it, and trained some more. Rinse, repeat. A few weeks later, before Leon was ready to officially embark on his quest, his father challenged him to a small battle.

Leon lost horribly.

It was a clean defeat. Leon could argue that his dad cheated or anything. But he realized something. Something he missed.

"Don't push yourself too hard, son. Failure is a vital step in success. Learn from your mistakes. But most importantly, learn to live. Learn to let life come to you. Enjoy your life. Enjoy your companions. Pokemon are not tools. They are your comrades. Fight with them. Don't let them fight for you."

It was these words that spoke to Leon. And it was those words that resonated with him. From there Leon traveled throughout the region of Kanto, collecting and training Pokemon with diligence but with also with a level of concern for his Pokemon. Leon made his way to the Pokemon League but failed to make it to the second round, being totally outmatched by his competitors. Disheartened, Leon traveled to the Hoenn region for a fresh start. He blasted through the gyms with relative ease, taking a brief break at Meteor falls to acquire several members for his updated team. Leon's accomplishments at the Pokemon League were noted, making it to the semi finals. In an epic confrontation, Leon battled to the core but was ultimately defeated in a mismatch between a Raichu and a Golem.

Leon spent the last year in the region of Unova, catching and training Pokemon before make a brief attempt at the Unovian Pokemon League. Leon nearly won again, making it to the semifinals before dropping out for personal reasons. He suspects he may have won, but lost the passion for battling for a time as a broken heart is hard to mend.

Pokemon:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Scarf Blade

Ok, what did I do now?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 6, 2012
I was wondering what whas going on with this RP :0

I guess this means that Haru will be facing Leonard then, right?

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years
You meant Seth, right? XD; Haru's an awesome name though so I can't blame you for mixing it up.

I can't wait to continue, period! So excite~

Back