• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PBS Question] Can't encounter wild pokemon

Years
  • I'm trying to make new encounter's for new maps I've made but I can't encounter wild pokemon when I run in the tall grass. I can encounter pokemon just fine on the maps that already exist with pokemon essentials but I can't encounter them on the maps I've made, I have EBDX installed so is there a certain way you have to do it with EBDX?

Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2024
    It probably has nothing to do with EBDX.
    Theres at least two possible common problems.
    The first one is, do you have your encounters set up int the encounters pbs page? If not (or if you don't know how to do that) look up encounters on the wiki and it will give you and run down on how to do that. Even if you do have it set up, cbeck with the wiki to make sure its set up correctly. Like Map ID, type of encounter, etc.

The second issue could be your tileset. If you are using a custom tileset, you have to set the terrain tag to one that spawns encounters. Note most downloaded tilesets have to have their terrain tags set.

These are good starting points for troubleshooting.

Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2024
    Can you send a screenshot of the encounter pbs? In addition, have you tried multiple type of encounters to see if any of them work, like fishing/surfing/cave etc?
    Which type of encounter isn't working? What version of essentials are you using? Do you have a Cave type encounter and a Land type encounter on the same map? (which doesn't work in v19.1 at least.) Are the Pokemon you are attempting to spawn fakemons, if so are they set up correctly in the pbs?
    Did your encounters work before installing EBDX? Is it all maps you make that don't work, or one specific map? If you've only tried one map, make a quick test map to try there.

In short, theres a million troubleshooting things we can do with just the information "mons aren't spawning". We need more to really help you. The more specific the question, the faster a solution can be found.

Years
  • I've attached a screenshot, and cave and surfing encounters wont work either. I've been using land type encounters for tall grass. I don't have a cave and land encounter on the same map and I'm using version 19.1 of pokemon essentials. I am not trying to spawn fakemons. I installed EBDX before I did anything so I'm unsure if they would've worked before, It doesn't work on all the maps I've made and I've tried on multiple.

Attachments

• Can't encounter wild pokemon
      pbs1.png
      209.3 KB · Views: 17
    Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2024
    I see that you have version numbers for your maps. Are you correctly using the $pokemon.global variable to spawn these encounters? Ie, for your route 2 you would have to change it to the global variable of 100. The wiki can tell you more about it (google pokemon essentials wiki encounters), and Brock's gym has an example of how to set the map versions.

Considering the fact that 1) you are at a beginning phase of testing, and 2) your map variables are not the same, i reccomand not using global variables.

Tldr, remove the second number from the brackets for your encounters.

Back