• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] Cant generate Egg Moves for wild pokemon Forms (v17)

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Realise this is for a bit of an older version but apparently egg moves should be supported?

anyway, the code i use is a reworked version of the egg move inheritance in breeding.

Code:
    pbRgssOpen("Data/eggEmerald.dat","rb"){|f|
           f.pos=(fSpecies-1)*8
           offset=f.fgetdw
           length=f.fgetdw
           if length>0
             f.pos=offset
             i=0; loop do break unless i<length
               atk=f.fgetw
               movelist2.push(atk)
               i+=1
             end
           end
        }

This code DOES work if you swap out fSpecies for the baby species of the pokemon, however forms then get their base forms egg moves.
    using fSpecies just throws back no moves and would cause crashes or never getting egg moves.
    seen this code be used elsewhere and said it should work with forms. the species i am using has egg moves in its regular form and form 2, which im generating them on.
    my only idea is the egg moves aren't saving to the eggEmerald data file, but this lands outside my expertese.
    (for reference the species is vulpix, and form is form 2)
    The code shown is also within a seperate def resetmoves, which is why fSpecies doesnt have pokemon. at the front.
    any pointers would be great as its an annoying oversight by me until now, and want to fix it.

Back