• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Can't get Advance Map to properly open

Lauthai

Lauthai
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2021
    Hello,

I am trying to get back into the world of ROM editing and wanted to start editing my old FireRed rom. However, when I tried to open Advance Map 1.92 on my new PC it wouldn't fully open. The icon would appear in the task bar but the program itself wouldn't display a window. I tried redownloading it and still have the same issue. I also tried downloading 1.95, to which it prompted me to select a language but once I pressed OK, it did the same thing that 1.92 was doing. I am running on Windows 10, so maybe I'm missing an old SDK? My documents are also stored on my D:\ drive and not C:\, could that be causing an issue too?

Any help or ideas appreciated.

Years
    Did you ever get this figured out? A Map is pretty required to rom hack and I too have issues with two separate versions I've tried on windows 11. I've used these programs on this OS and same system before so I really don't understand the issue. Indeed it does exactly as you described, asks me for my language and shows me an agreement. Then just nothing. If someone doesn't know the answer here that's pretty problematic for me, the OP and anyone else who comes across this bizarre issue.

Back