• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other✓] Can't run in imported maps??

Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2018
    So when I make my own maps in A-map and import them to the rom they work like they should but the only problem I have is that I can't run when I have running shoes. Its probably something simple. Thanks in advance - Jazzy
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
    Years
    So when I make my own maps in A-map and import them to the rom they work like they should but the only problem I have is that I can't run when I have running shoes. Its probably something simple. Thanks in advance - Jazzy

Is your Map's Type (in Header Tab) is "Inside"? Not sure, but i think the Running shoes doesn't works with that. Change it to Route/Village/City.

Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2018
    I set it to route but it still don't work. I can sprint in maps what already are in the game. I copied the header settings from a map what was in the game already and it won't work still. Thanks for you help though.

AkameTheBulbasaur

Akame Marukawa of Iyotono
    Years
    I have an idea. A similar thing happened to me (except with the bicycle). I tried changing the header and nothing worked. I found out that you needed to press control+H and go to Professional Header mode.

Can't run in imported maps??

You want to pay attention to the last four numbers in the Map Header section. If the first number is a "1" then you can ride the bicycle. I don't know if the Running Shoes uses the same check or whatnot, but it's worth a try. (Besides I noticed imported maps have bicycle problems, and even non-imported ones sometimes do, so this is good to know).

If that doesn't solve the problem, you could always put "00" at 0xBD494 in a hex editor and let you run anywhere regardless of the "map type."

Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2018
    I had a look at my maps and the last four numbers are "00 00 00 00" in the Map Header. I'm not sure how to change this. But can you link me or explain to me a bit more about this hex editing to make me able to run anywhere??

Thanks in advance -Jazzy

BluRose

blu rass
    Years
    I had a look at my maps and the last four numbers are "00 00 00 00" in the Map Header. I'm not sure how to change this. But can you link me or explain to me a bit more about this hex editing to make me able to run anywhere??

Thanks in advance -Jazzy
    basically, what editing the byte does is change the map type that you can't run in from 08 (inside) to 00 (nonexistent iirc)

Back