• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Can't See Viridian Forest for the Trees

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Yellow, Lance, and Giovanni were all born there. Yellow and Lance have powers solely due to the forest, a plot point that held a lot of importance at least in the Yellow arc. While some people love it, there are others that claim it makes the characters (Yellow especially) into a Mary Sue. What do you think?

-What do you think about the "psychic powers" of Yellow, and Lance? Something to make them more special than every other characer or a cool twist?
    -Do you think Giovanni, who was born in the same place, should have shown evidence of powers as well?
    -Which character with Viridian powers do you prefer, Yellow or Lance? Why?

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    What do you think about the "psychic powers" of Yellow, and Lance? Something to make them more special than every other character or a cool twist?
    Their powers are a lot like aura, which I'm sure aura is based on it. Communication with pokemon and healing powers and such. It really just makes them more special characters.

Do you think Giovanni, who was born in the same place, should have shown evidence of powers as well?
    His battle prowess and his "success" in Team Rocket is sufficient. Those really are sufficient in my eyes. And it wouldn't really make sense if he were to communicate with pokemon, he'd probably say something like I'm going to abuse you or something. Also, it could just be that he simply never inherited the powers (correct me if I'm wrong).

Which character with Viridian powers do you prefer, Yellow or Lance? Why?
    I prefer Yellow. Lance is a bit... crazy with his pokemon ideals and he's really rash. Yellow has more flair, especially with her battling style in which she does her best to cause no harm to either party. I also liked her role in the Battle Frontier arc.
    Can't See Viridian Forest for the Trees

Back