• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Cardcaptors

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    actually i have a personal hatred towards the dub Cardcaptors, me being a big Cardcaptor Sakura fan (Digi is known for having CCS or Tsubasa S+S siggy layouts XD)

I could rant on and on and on about how suckily Nelvana screwed up CCS...but i won't at the time, but meh that's how i got into the subbed versions of anime

you may have noticed, but i have Sakura as my Bishie and S+S as my couple XP XD

BTW, your siggy pic is way too big, the limit of size is 500 x 300

STJ

meh... ^_^'
    Years
    I didn't find the dub that bad..perhaps they did change alot...

It's funny... I remember looking on the internet and finding people complaining how they changed the theme song..

Which confused me.. since in Australia when Cardcaptors aired.. the beggining theme song was the English version of Catchyoucatchme, so i really didn't know what they were talking about...

mewthree w/armor

The Stig - PC Site Admin
    Years
    I liked Cardcaptors overall even with the dub, I'd like to see more of it but I don't know when I will...funny thing is I liked the dub into of Sailor Moon too...

angel

Kairi's Nobody
    Years
    digi-kun said:
    actually i have a personal hatred towards the dub Cardcaptors, me being a big Cardcaptor Sakura fan (Digi is known for having CCS or Tsubasa S+S siggy layouts XD)

I could rant on and on and on about how suckily Nelvana screwed up CCS...but i won't at the time, but meh that's how i got into the subbed versions of anime

Yeah i know it is.
    Yeah that is strange.

moody_cow_

Stenchgirl
    Years
    I have never actually seen the original version of Card Captors, only the dub, which I like alot. But I know that original was way as that is usually the case... Anyways, I was just wondering what the main difference between the North American Dub and the Japanese original?
    ~Moody~Cow~

Lucid

I was expecting you to maul her for calling it Card Captors? XD

CCS is one of my favorite series, and one of the few ones that I actually like the anime more then the manga, despite the god awful dub. All of the episodes where she captures the cards are so cute and done well, my favorite is the one where she captures watery~ <3

Card Captor Sakura > Tsubasa. XP

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    hmmm...probably the part where they skipped around episodes, cut out all romance(S+S), change all the school girls into valley girl, and so on(the traditional dubbing stuff)
    First 10 epis were in this order
    Japanese epi #/Dub epi #
    8/1
    12/2
    17/3
    13/4
    9/5
    20/6
    25/7
    26/8
    30/9
    31/10

and it pretty much stays this way until the Sakura Cards arc where they plant random flashbacks from the epis they missed

Lucid

Well, they skipped around to give Syaoran equal spot light to try and attract more male viewers. And the valley-girls in Cardcaptors aren?t half as bad as some of the characters in newer dubs. ~_~

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    well, it IS a tradition for dubs that all girls attending school are valley girl(of course there are a few exceptions)

but no romance >< XD even changed the epi where Syaoran and Sakura almost kissed into a review of how Sakura became a cardcaptor

Miyu-chan

.::f l o w e r g i r l::.
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 23, 2014
    Meh, the best song in CCS is Platinum. <3

Anywho, I've never seen the dub, but from what I've heard of it... Eek. o.o; Personally, I like CCS > Tsubasa, and CCS Manga > CCS Anime. xD;;; Well, I like the extra plot fillers. The manga explains more on why the Clow cards were in Sakura's basement. xD;

Years
    shadoweyes11 said:
    hey i luv cardcaptors alot so what do you guys luv about cardcaptors and whho are your fav characters mine is madision and sakura plus kiro oh yeah li.
    1. I've always loved magical girl series and I heard about it..tried it, loved it! I also love CLAMP's animation. It's so detailed!
    2. Sakura ofcourse!
    3. I really don't know much about Madison cause she wasn't in the manga..When I first saw her...It sorta made me feel bad..Don't know why..

Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    I love CardCaptors, my friend is obcessed she has loads of figures..I have a few DVDs of it, and I used to watch it on TV.

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
    Heh, that series goes way back to when I was first into Pokemon. Cardcaptors was the first series that I got into from the start that wasn't Pokemon. Back in those days, I didn't know what anime was or had a clue it came from Japan. I knew that the shows with the girls with the pretty eyes and nice hair were good for watching.
    I currently have manga one and two and despise Nelvana's murdering to the dub when I saw some subbed clips. Though I will never be able to like that song Catch you Catch me. The only thing I liked about the dub was the opening song.
    btw, my favorite character is that girl with the red hair who tries to hit on Sakura's brother. Then my next favorite is Sakura.

ArKiVe

Back In Black
    Years
    • Age 34
    • USA
    • Seen Oct 30, 2006
    Cardcaptors is okay to me even though I haven't seen it in a while. Most shows I see are pretty good, some are just lame though to me if they are like about transforming dragons that turn into robots 0.o'

Years
    i think its alright i remember when there old website did that thing where cards would pop up anywhere on the site anytime and you had to collect them all by clicking on them i only got 3 cards
    water, dash and power card lol out of what 24 or something ?? lol

Years
    Crystal Clair said:
    Heh, that series goes way back to when I was first into Pokemon. Cardcaptors was the first series that I got into from the start that wasn't Pokemon. Back in those days, I didn't know what anime was or had a clue it came from Japan. I knew that the shows with the girls with the pretty eyes and nice hair were good for watching.
    I currently have manga one and two and despise Nelvana's murdering to the dub when I saw some subbed clips. Though I will never be able to like that song Catch you Catch me. The only thing I liked about the dub was the opening song.
    btw, my favorite character is that girl with the red hair who tries to hit on Sakura's brother. Then my next favorite is Sakura.

You mean Ruby Moon? (forgets what her human name is..)

Back